Aditi Jain, Delhi
Recruitment, Performance Appraisal, Training,
Strategic Workforce Planning
Compensation and Benefits, mainly compensation strategy and cost management
The operational HR Responsibilities include following ones:
Goal Setting Process
Training and Development
15th February 2011 From India, New Delhi
There are lots of material in this community on this topic. Here are few of such documents which will help you learn it . You would get many more if you use the 'research' tab on each topic that you would focus on .
- HR Interview questions
- HR Roles and responsibilities <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
- HRM Notes on How to be a good HR <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
16th February 2011 From India, Mumbai
• Planning human resource requirements in consultation with heads of different functional & operational areas.
• Developed a network of specific recruiting sources to fill vacancies on time.
• Conducting selection interviews for departmental promotion & regularization of employees of all categories
• Campus Recruitment of GETs, DETs, Trade and Technician Apprentices.
• Conducted massive recruitment for new projects in record time thru Head Hunting Process, Sourcing thru Placement Consultants, Campus & Walk-in Interviews.
• Designed & developed induction programs to enable successful integration of new people into the organization.
Maintaining Harmonious ER/ IR
• Anticipates and understands individual issues, aspirations and concerns. Builds and maintain atmosphere where coaching, counseling and feedback lead to better performance
• Ensuring prompt & timely resolution of employee grievances and maintaining cordial employee relations.
• Negotiating and amicably settling disputes with the union and maintaining discipline & harmonious working environment across all employee levels.
• Interaction with all Employees moving across the shop floor and indulging into formal & informal discussion.
• Developed long term relationship with employees through personal interaction and close proximity.
• Synergizing the team work through motivation and regular counseling.
• Defuses defensive or other adverse behavior through active listening, positive re-enforcement and patience. Focuses on problem but not person.
• Promoted harmonious relationships between management and shop floor employees pre-empting issues which can lead to conflict or become grievances.
• Played a pro-active role in building commitment for quality & productivity.
• Thoroughly involved in the entire process of two Wage Settlements and in the process directly faced & handled strike & lockout situations.
Training & Development
• Conceptualising & developing training & development Initiatives for improved productivity, building capability and quality enhancement.
• Identifying training needs across levels through mapping of skills required for particular positions and analysis of the existing level of competencies
• Facilitating management development programs including technical and soft-skills training programs
• Played a key role in strengthening Training & Development function at Plant Level by rationalizing the process and aligning it with business goal.
• Started the process of multi-skilling Operators thru Job Rotation & OJT & Classroom Training.
• Developed GETs & DETs training modules.
• Ability to develop and maintain an effective PMS
• Integrated the key elements of PMS: IDP; competencies; succession and career planning; reward and recognition and compensation system.
• Facilitated Line Managers to understand the link between divisional objectives and PMS and assist them in drawing annual work plans- outcomes, standards, measures & competencies.
• Played the role of a key facilitator in implementing KRA based Appraisal System and was thoroughly involved in the process of Half Yearly & Annual Appraisals.
HR Practices and Organization Culture
• Focused on developing, cascading and reinforcing the culture. Links the culture with HR processes & policies.
• Promoted communication and involvement among employees on organizational issues.
• Initiated online integrated HRMS
• Introduced OD intervention schemes like Quality Circle, Suggestion scheme, family picnics, sports,etc.
Establishment/ Legal Matters
• Guided attendance and leave payroll. Managed insurance and medical reimbursements. Computerized employee data.
• Adherence to statutory law. Managed contract labour and related intricacies .
• Handled Domestic Enquiry and legal cases.
• Firmly dealt with disciplinary cases with no compromise on disciplinary matters.
• Overseeing the implementation of corporate policies in the organization; undertaking business development activities. Implementing staff welfare policies with key focus on enhancing employee motivation.
• Supervising housekeeping activities in the organization; ensuring availability of stationary, access cards and canteen food coupons, printing requirement stationery coordinating with security Agencies for security arrangements at different units.
Corporate Social Responsibility
• As head of CSR I was primarily responsible for creating a socially enabling environment for the company to carry out its primary function.
• Being a socially responsible organization we basically adopted the participative model in order to build virtuous relationship with community and other stakeholders through various CSR initiatives and strive to promote the country’s Human Development Index.
• CSR Initiatives broadly grouped under four heads- Health & Hygiene, Education, Sustainable Livelihood and Infrastructure where basically spread across 20 villages more than 2 lakhs beneficiaries.
• Under my leadership the Unit was awarded the Bhamashah Award. We also won Asian CSR Award at International Forum.
• Corporate HR
• Responsible for all human resource activities to include employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, and training and development, performance management
• Interview job applicants; review application/resume; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant's qualifications.
• Maintain relationship with employment agencies, educational institutes and other recruitment sources.
• Develop and/or maintain employee review process ensuring system is fair to both employee and the business, also ensuring timely reminders sent to line manager and employee when review is due.
• Design and conduct new employee orientations.
• Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
• Recommend, and schedule training and development courses.
• Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
• Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
• Recommend, develop and maintain human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
• Develop and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements.
• Maintain company handbook with relevant company updates.
• Give HR guidance and advice to employees and line managers
• Work in partnership with HR manager to ensure consistent, proactive HR support
• Other duties as assigned. Sales HR
• Facilitate performance management process for the store staff (Store Manager and below). Proactively engage with area managers to work through the performance management cycle. Managing top and poor performers.
Develop and maintain store staff database for all the Retail stores
Proactively participate in hiring of store staff – Shortlist CV’s, HR interviews , draft compensation offer
Facilitate the on-boarding of new hires at the store level along with the area managers.
Develop and maintain a company handbook for the new hires
Develop and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements at the store level
Partner with the training coordinator in grading of the store staff and in creating a talent pool for vacant critical positionsADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues, as requested.
Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
17th February 2011 From India, Gurgaon