IF you want to improve and implement new systems then here is what you can do :
Employee recognition : Spot Awards, Annual Achievement awards, Outstanding performance award, Best Employee award etc. A scanned copy of letter of appreciation along with their photos should be displayed in the notice board. The letter should excel their achievements, i.e how different are they from others? On what grounds were they nominated? How could they serve as role model for other employees....
Together WE - In-house magazine : Once in a quarter these magazines gives a snapshot as to what is happening in their company which includes sharing Company growth, Management Objectives, Customer satisfaction, List of new customer sign-up, Sales review, Customer delivery and feedback, Partnership details, Up coming projects etc. The company also prints the contributions given by the employees such as Motivation stories, Paintings, Poetry, Riddles, Jokes, Technology related articles, Safety and Health related ppt, Nature photographs taken by employees etc.
Reach US : Its a online forum that is available in intranet site of that particular company where employees can post their issues related to work, work environment, HR Policies, Training needs etc. Once in a month HR head along with their executives will have a open meeting with the employees (without mentioning the name of the employee) to resolve it then and there.
Quality Session Meeting : Department wise team meet will be conducted by HR where in which each employee comes up with new ideas and concepts to improve the Quality of work, also how to deliver the same on time, how to reach out for customer satisfaction, technology growth, significance of team work, knowledge on advanced technologies etc., At the end of the meet, department head nominates a employee and gifts him a prize for his innovative and creativeness
Chat : Internal chat will be provided for employees – Easy way to communicate.
An Idea : Its an online forum in the intranet where employees can share their ideas and views on celebrating Annual day function, Kick – off party, Festivals, Get-together day, Birthdays etc. For every best and unique idea there will be a surprising gift.(Movie tickets, team out, team lunch, chocolates, An official day off etc.)
We care : HR should conduct Free Health Check-up for all employees once in a year as well as should call in Doctors/ Psychiatrist for seminars on various topics chosen by employees via poll. Blood donation camps can also be arranged as a part of social service.
Quote for the day : This is done department wise. Any one employee from each department should write a quote on their white board. HR should decide the best quote for the day. The department that gets the highest points for the month would be offered a gift. Gift is again based on the number of points that they accumulate (Hats, Shirts, Coffee mugs etc. with Company logo)
If you want to conduct some cultural programs on a eve then here you go :
First divide your employees into 4teams. Name them seperately. Choose a leader for each team. For evey event one person per team is allowed. The maximum number of awards won by a team will be the best team for 2011 - Cultural activities wise
1. Rangoli - Give them a concept and their rangoli should reflect it.
2. Traditional dress contest - One male and one female from each team should participate
3. Burst the ballons - the one who bursts maximum ballons in a minute will be winner. Please note that they should fill the air and then burst the ballons.
4. Facial - Take a plate. Fill that plate with glucose and grapes. The one who picks the maximum number of grapes using their mouth is the winner. Note : Tie their hands and at a time only one grape piece to be picked up.
5. Dance competition - Any dance they prefer.
6. Dhum sharods - Its like a mime show. Let a member pick a paper from the bowl that they have. One person from each team should come forward and read the content in the paper. He/she should make their team members understand what is there in the paper via actions alone. If team members get what their team member was trying to tell then that team wins a point.
7. Hit the pot - Tie a pot with color paper and every member from a team should hit the pot within 3 strokes.
8. Poetry corner - Best poetry will be awarded
9. Cat walk - One member from each team is allowed.
10. Anthakshari - Singing songs starting with the last letter of the song.
11. Hunt - Hide a piece of gift somewhere in the party hall. It belongs to the one who finds it.
12. 1minute - The one who eats as many biscuits in one minute will be the winner.
13. My story - Let each member from every team describe their daily activities right from they wake up till they sleep with actions alone. The best one will get the prize.
14. Humour session - Best joke of the day.
15. An reflection - Choose 4employees in your company. Announce their names. Each participant from every team should come and imitate any one of the 4choosen names - More than one is also allowed. Awards goes to the best imitator.
If you want to gift something on an employee Birthday / Wedding then here you go :
Give half of his/her basic pay as gift.
Paid leave for a week for wedding and paid leave for 1day on birthday.
Painting pic of the couple. Get it framed - They will love it. For a Birthday give him/her a card and chocolates.
Give them a gift voucher - They will enjoy shopping. You can do the same for Birthday.
Decorate his/her work place and welcome him/her with sweets and flowers. Arrange for a surprise party and its up to you to decide on how to conduct the party.
Arrange for a small Cake cutting party for the couple at your cafeteria. Pick the best picture and gift it to them in a large beautiful photoframe. Don't forget to get everyone's autograph on backside of the frame.
Sponser for a candle light dinner.
A small holiday trip to the nearby resort.
Branded Wrist Watch to the couple.
If you want to change the look of your company then you can implement these :
Placing money plants in all the corners of our office.
(OR) Placing a fish tank in the main hall such that its visible to all.
Colorful pen stand in every desk. It consists of a pen, pencil and eraser.
Beautiful flower vases here and there in the hall / Wall - Either plastic flowers or original ones
Cute Coffee Mugs each to every employee - They can have tea in their own cups instead of having it in paper cups.
Nice water bottles to every employee. They can fill water and place it in their table instead of running to the water area 10times in a day to drink water.
Providing table mats for their lunch. In such a way they dont spill food on the table.
Colorful curtains for windows.
If you want to celebrate Independence day or Republic day then here is what you can do :
Give chocolates to everyone.
(OR) Small gifts to all.
(OR) Small flags
(OR) Pen to everyone.
(OR) Conduct lucky draw - The one who wins will get a gift.
Traditional dress contest
Essay competition on Republic day / Independence day
Presentation on importance and significance of Republic day / Independence day
Decorating their own desks
Debate on a particular topic
Singing (OR) Dancing competition
If you want to do something on a daily basis then you can do this :
Quarterly take your employees for a picnic or movie
Everyday write something on the white board like Quotes+Humour+Home remedies+Riddle etc.. Encourage your employees to participate in it.
Order some useful magazines, Books and Newspapers.
Send Motivational emails to employees every week.
Call everyone for Quality session meeting. Conduct this every month to solve their queries. Provide tea and biscuits to everyone.
Once in a while arrange for Team lunch
Send Birthday/Wedding day wishes via email. Welcome them with flowers.
Arrange for a small get-together.
Celebrate Festivals, Birthday, Wedding day, Annual day functions etc.
Gallery : Post employee pictures taken during tours, lunch, team lunch, Festivals, birthdays etc.
Value employee contributions via awards and rewards system
Arrange for a polling session before you initiate any new process in your company. Probably this will help you to understand the mindset of your employees.
Always seek employee suggestions if you want to do something but make sure that either the HR or the Management takes the final decision.
Give surprises. Everyone likes it.
Hope this is of some use to you. Have a good day ahead.
The ideas posted for motivating the employees & changing the office environment also the ideas for festival celebration are mind blowing....im very much contended after reading the entire post...and hopefully will try to implement the maximum out of it at my workplace.
Once again thank you...and wishing you all a very Happy New Year.
From India, Mumbai
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.