Recruitments, Training, Couselling &
Faculty Hr
Training, Hr, Life Skills
Hr Professional

Dear All,
I have ten years of corporate experience in HR department, and recently I have moved into academics. I am working as a life skills trainer, and also taking classes of OB and Industrial Psychology for MBA students.
I have done PG Diploma in business management from an institute whose PG Diploma is equivalent to MBA as per Association of Indian Universities
I am looking forward to do my PhD in OB or HRM. Need guidance from my seniors, how to proceed about the same.
Jeevan Deep Sehgal
New Delhi

From India, New Delhi
Mr. Sehgal,

You can register for your Ph.D in any of the universities which is recognized by UGC.

The basic eligibility criteria remains the same for all Universities providing genuine Ph.D programs affiliated / accredited to UGC.

Eligibility: A candidate should have obtained a master’s degree with not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade. For SC/ST candidates and all other candidates who have completed the PG degree before 1991, the minimum will be only 50% for admission to the Ph.D programme

Every university has specific time frame and window period for admissions, which is published in thier websites and notifications come in major news papers and educational magazines.

Keep yourself updated on the websites of the universities which you are planning to do, basis notification, apply with payment of relevant charges and seek admission

There are universities which insist on entrance tests for screening candidates or specific criteria to refine the candidates.

All the best, do get back if you have any queries

for your reference , attaching a link reg Madras university notification on PH/D admissions

From India, Mumbai
Under UGC, it has become mandatory to clear an entrance test called RAT (Research Aptitude Test) and go through a mandatory course work. Every university is free to conduct their own RAT; it is yet to become a centralised exam. The deptt. in which you are interested to do your PhD will assign a PhD guide to you under whom you will do your research. But you have to clear the test on your course work.
All the best,
Parveen Ahmed Alam
Faculty - HR

From India, Calcutta
Hi , You have got enough work experience so you can enroll for Phd,
1. IIM A, B, C, K, I for FPM through GRE/GMAT/CAT/RAT exam.
2. TISS Mumbai - one of the best institution for Phd in OB & HRM.
3. Clear NET or Entrance Test for PhD (Now UGC has made it compulsory for all) and enroll in any local university.
4. If you want to go abroad, clear GMAT/GRE and take admission in any top- notch world class university.

From India, Indore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™