Ram K Navaratna
Hr Consultancy
Human Resources Management
Labour Law
All Over India
Hr Executive

Hi all i need a clarification that under Contract Labour (R&A) Act, is it necessary to obtain building wise registration as a principal employer ??
18th June 2007 From India, Calcutta
If you have a premises/building, where you are getting some work done through a contractor.
Whatever employees are hired by your contractor are covered under the contract act, this contractor must take a licence from the labour de partment for hiring contract labour and work on contract by paying necessary fee etc.
Also, your co. being the employer must have the licence to hire contractor for any kind of work whether security, housekeeping..
I hope this is clear now.
20th June 2007 From India, Delhi
Hi Umesh
Thanks for your reply. I am asking for CONTRACT LABOUR REGISTRATION only. I know the license procedure, but for registration as a Principal Employer is it necessary to obtain REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE for each building separately, if I have 4 branch office in Delhi??
20th June 2007 From India, Calcutta
No. you dont need a separate licence for every premises..in order to that, you need to issue form 5 to every contractor who is working on your sites..
Umesh Chaudhary
21st June 2007 From India, Delhi
As per the act every PE who is engaging contractor should have registration...that means PE Emp. must have registration ....one PE can have more than one establishments......he can take one RC for all. pls correct if i am wrong.
5th May 2008 From India
All the Registration concern with the jurisdiction of Assistant Labour Commissioner. So, pls ensure the location details under which ALC is the Registering Authority.
5th May 2008 From India, Calcutta
i m iqbal channa (labour law consultant), i m sending u contract labour act file ,plz read it or any qurry so call me on 09914241508 or mail me
3rd April 2009 From India, Ludhiana

Attached Files
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: doc THE CONTRACT LABOUR (REGULATION AND ABOLITION) ACT, 1970.doc (138.5 KB, 1659 views)

Though your company is one, as stated by you you have premise in 4 different places, it is obligatory on your part to obtain RC separately with detailed address. Each place forms establishment.
With best wishes
Ram K Navaratna
4th April 2009 From India, Bangalore
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™