I joined a company in Bangalore in Nov-2001. At that time the company managed its own PF trust and then subsequently the trust transferred all the employee PF accounts to the RPFC, Bangalore in 2003.

In 2008 the same company opened another branch in Coimbatore and I got transferred to Coimbatore. A new PF account was opened with the RPFC, Coimbatore and my PF contributions are made to the Coimbatore account from Oct-2008.

I have not yet transfered the balance in the Bangalore account to the Coimbatore account.

My questions are:
1. Will the Bangalore account continue to accrue interest till date, even if no contributions have not been made since Oct-2008 to that account?

2. Is there is a provision for an employee to withdraw the full/partial PF amount after certain number of years of membership with the PF, without resigning from his current job?

3.In this case, will I be able to withdraw from and close the Bangalore account alone while continuing my employment and contribution to the Coimbatore account?

3.If I transfer the Bangalore account balance to the Coimbatore account balance, then as per question # 2, will I still be able to withdraw full/partial amount without resigning my job?

4.I am constructing a house that will be complete in the next 6 months. Will I be able to withdraw full/partial amount based on this reason. If yes, then what are the paper work and procedure to be followed?

Please help.


From India, Madras

Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries, Palakkad
Dear Karthikesh,
1. The Central Board of Trustees (EPF) on 15.9.2010 has decided to disallow interest accumulation on non-operative accounts from the 37th month onwards. Accordingly this may affect you from 2011 October onwards.
2. There is no provision to wthdraw PF fully or partially unconditionally while you are in service. But you may avail non refundable loan on house construction/purchase, marriage/post metric education and on some other conditions. You may withdraw 90% of PF within one year from superannuation, if the superannuation is on or after attaining 55 years.
3. Answerd for second question.
4. For housing loan, minimum 5 years' service is required. You will get 100% contribution of both employee and employer towards this. But for this you have to transfer your previous PF.

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™