Environmental, Health And Safety
Safety & Production
Let me try to answer your questions.
Statutory Requirement applicable to any boilers in India will be : 1. Indian Boiler Regulations (IBR) -1950, 2. Indian Boilers Act 1923. Refer the same for details.
General Safety Posters Disply, Any specific process hazards involved and it's precautions - this you will get only after a detailed risk assessment of your Briquette fired Boiler... Take the help of your safety pro and process peoples... Display of sound level also required...
2. PPE = All PPE as per job requirements.
3. Competency of Boiler operator & helpers = Refer the attachment, may be helpful to you.
4. Training = Site wise training needs to be identified and accordingly impart.
5. Housekeeping = it's not something different from other plants.
6. Dust/ Heat Stress etc. = Monitoring for dust emmissions and take control mesaures accordingly... Take help of your environment guys... Heat stress also needs study and accordingly apply control measures...
Also you may get one or two files to download from the below thread...
Even though my above answers are not perfect hope it will help you somehow...
Looking forward to hear from other members also about the topic...
15th December 2010 From India
Thanx . Waiting to hear from other members also about the topic.
16th December 2010 From India, Mumbai
kindly regret for delayed reply. i'm sharing my experience on the same.
1. Displays - Hot surface displays, safety signages
2. PPE - Leather gloves while working in hot surfaces, ear plugs due to noise, goggles, safety shoes & hard hats
3. Competency of Boiler operator & helpers - All boiler operators should have BOE certificate & helpers should be of ITI (this varies from company to company)
4. Training - Operational training on the spot & before giving the individual charge of the area, he should be parallely accomodated with the seniur operator, till the operator gets confidence on his job.
5. Housekeeping - as usual in all operational areas
6. Dust/ Heat Stress etc. - Inorder to overcome the dust, they should use the dust mask. For heat stress, they have to take liquid drinks like butter milk, lemon juice to with stand
also, i have a small material on the same. pls. see, if it suits you
17th December 2010 From India, Delhi
Thanks for your boiler related materials/documents both of u rectify his query by your docuents. . . Thanks again.
I am in construction only mate thats why i am not interfere on this topic dont mistake me. . .
Thanks & Besafe
18th December 2010 From United States, Fpo