Hr Manager
Epf & Esi Matters
Rajendra Bhavsar
Manager (personnel & Administration)
Hr ( Generalist)
Satish Kumar Bhargava
Social Security, Training, Vigilance &
Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries,
Payroll, Domestic Inquiry, Administration,
Satish Nandalaskar
Specialist In Statutory Copliance Pf/esi/pt/lwf
+3 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All Seniors,
One of our house keeping sub-contractor who is deducting PF from the wages since Dec-2007. The staff is still working with us, but till date no PF slip has been handed over to the staff by the sub-contractor. We checked the sub contractor is registered with valid PF registration number.
Upon enquiry by us sub-contractor says they have some issue going on with the PF dept. and will be handed over to the workers in a month or so. It is happening since Sep.2010.
Our accounts department has now stoped the bills payments, to this sub-contractor and asked us (Admn.) to certify the bills for payment to the said contractor.
Please advise what undertaking shall be taken from the contractor to bind them, so that any futher claims on account of PF refunds from any sources, our company shall not be liable to clear the dues on behalf of them.
Please help......

From India, Delhi
Dear Koshish, Yes, it is the duty of the principal employer to see that the PF for the contract employee is duely remitted. Abbas.P.S
From India, Bangalore
The sub contractor says they submitted the employee + employer contribution to the PF Department.
From India, Delhi
But you have to make sure of it. If you feel the sub contractor is right, you may hold the PF amount and pay the balance amount to him. Whenever he produce the evidence on remittance of PF, you can refund the same.

From India, Bangalore
Dear Sir, If we hold the amount against bills, the employee contribution is more than the payments against bills are on hold. Please help....
From India, Delhi
Dear Koshish, its better you ask him to produce the annual returns copy... and even you can ded the PF contribution from the contactor and remit through ur PF account.. Regards, Ramnath
From India, Bangalore
Dear Mr. Ramnath,
Can we take any undertaking from the sub-contractor / its employees, which will bind him / them legally, so that no claim shall be honored by us on account of employee PF refund.

From India, Delhi
Dear Koshish,
Better you take the copy of annual returns submiitted by contractor in Form 3A and 6 A which shall help you to judge the complinace by contractor. Also get the acknowledgement copy of submission of returns to PF authorities.
PF slips may get delayed due to some or other reasons at PF department's end.
If the contarctor submits the above forms and acknowledged copy to you it is as good as a confirmation of submission of PF. Also you will receive the PF account numbers of individuals this way, which can be cross examined with PF authorities for account balance of individuals.

From India, Mumbai
Thanks Arun,
But since Dec-2007 till today the sub-contractor unable to fulfill the compliances what it means......
Is it right to terminate the contract and all the wager will be on our rolls can we explore this opportunity legally will it be right....

From India, Delhi
Dear friends,
ask contractors to submit acknowledged form 6a and 3a of respective employees who is working with your organisation for respective years.
It is a general practice in p.f. Deptt. That they issue p.f.slips lately.
Shish uniyal

From India, New Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™