Cite Contribution
Community Manager
Raj Kumar Hansdah
Shrm, Od, Hrd, Pms
BHAVAN
Hr Manager
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi,
I have been told 3 days back by recruiting team from 1 of the MNC that i have been selected but till now i have not received offer letter. I called them they said its salary issue but i dont think so because salary i asked them is normal salary in that MNC. I have told them that I have 1 more offer in hand which is giving me more than what i am asking from them but still due to company domain i want to join that company. Initially recruiter says that other company is gud as they are offering more but after i showed him my interest in their company he says he will get back by tomorrow. Now the thing is that i am expecting less than what i have asked for and may be they dont come back means i am confused how to go for that. I am interested in joining this company but with minimum salary i have asked them.
1.How should i negotiate in case they come back with less salary.
2.what should be my next step in case they dont follow up.
Thanks in advance

From India, Hyderabad
Dear sonali_kulkarni
Welcome to CiteHR.com !!
The talk about the other company giving more salary - is it a fact or a bluff ?
With respect to the two situations cited by you :
Situation #1 : It is difficult to have the cake and eat it too !! You will have to take a call on this - less salary or otherwise; as there is hardly any scope for negotiation at this stage.
Situation #2 : Call them up or send mail, indicating your keen interest irrespective of the salary issue.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
thanks raj,
I called him but he didnot pick up the call. So is it no from there site or its bcoz its saturday and i should wait for them.
One more question is that I have already signed 1 form after clearing interviews and waiting for offer letter , could it be the case that they will not call me up even after saying that they will let me know how much they can offer.

From India, Hyderabad
Dear Sonali
Based on my experience in HR, there is always instances of slip between cup and lip. Management may change the strategy or may direct HR to hold selection process for specific reasons.
Wait for few days for their response otherwise try the other offer which is your hand. Accepting very low salary is not advisable as the recruiter may interpret it as your desperation for the job or may assume that there are some drawbacks in you, that's why you are compromising on salary part.
Regards
BHAVAN

From India, Bangalore
hey bhavan, thanks for ur reply.
I have heard from one of my friend that it could be that they will not offer you as its 1 week so it means that they are trying for other options. She says that its like if they need 10 they ask 20 and after saying that they will offer them they just select what suits them and may not inform others. Please let me know that can H.R. be so harsh not to inform me that they are not offering and just leave like that.
Actually this my first experience with H.R. outside so I am confused advice from you people can help me understood how H.R. thinks.

From India, Hyderabad
Yes, it may sound disappointing to you and others may feel bad, but the fact remains that in reality there is much too be desired from the existing practice of HRM.
Candidates "not selected" are never given a feed-back or informed.
It is also customary to inflate requirements so as to generate more interest from consultants; and then positions are supposedly put "on hold".
Also, unless there is an urgent requirement; it normaly takes more than a fortnight to finalize things. So you need not lose hope at this point of time. Do keep pursuing the matter with the concerned HR of the company.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
ya exactlly atleast they should say that its more what i am asking for and they cannot offer me so that i can also come down , but saying that they will get back to me seems that they are thinking. Its not proper no na, so it seems like a puzzle kind of thing.
From India, Hyderabad
But the thing is that i don't want to loose this opportunity of joining this MNC also if i call them again then it means i am ready to join at package they are offering so my negociation chances will be less. and in case i dont call them then they may hire someone else so i b loosing my ticket there. What should be the best way to go for.
From India, Hyderabad
Dear Sonali
I could understand your keeness to bag this offer. But if the employer is not showing interest, then you can't do much. Repeated calls to HR is not advisable as I said you earlier, it shows your desperation which will be treated a weakness from negotiating point of view. Move on from this MNC and try for some other suitable openings.
Regards
BHAVAN

From India, Bangalore
Dear Sonali
As I wrote earlier :
"Situation #2 : Call them up or send mail, indicating your keen interest irrespective of the salary issue."
ELSE; start looking for other opportunities afresh; (because there is nothing much you can do under the circumstances).
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.






About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™