Please refer the salary breakup calculator. Each component is a % of the gross so it is not very tough to figure from the calculations.
About the genuineness of payslip, well I presume it is of someone from an IT company since the variable pay component is offered in IT or BPO.
Generally the contents of the payslip are more organised with the Earnings and Deductions shown separately. This payslip does not have a professional touch.
I cannot comment whether its a fake or original. Instead I can say that it has not been calculated in the way as it is suppose to be.
First reason is if you look at the march month slip there is a difference in the basic from that of the February month, but there is no difference in HRA which is practically not possible.
Second there is no proper calculation on Income tax (Again there is a difference between feb & Mar). When the basic is high the net is low and when basic is low net pay is high . Similarly the deductions.
In general this is not a structured payslip .
One can always check with the HR Dept of previous company about the CTC. Most of the Company's send reference check form to the previous employer wherein the question on CTC is mentioned.
The second way is to ask for form 16 or bank statement if you feel the payslip is fake.
In the said payslip deductions & earning are not seprated & in gross earning his income Tax is aslo calulated so it shows its fake one.
Things to observe in salary slip are
1. Earnings & deductions are seprate
2. If PF is deducted PF No. should be verify
3. It should be on companies printed stationary or with authorised stamp & signature.
4. Ask for form 16. & check atleast three months salary slip.
5. You can call backto company or verify through mail on official Id of
his HR or Director.
There is no thumbrule as such to calculate the salary it can be a single component also
A good question you have asked. I ask this question to the most of HR professional coming for interview with my company. The salary component are divided as under
1. Basic: This is the actual salary paid to an employee depends on the skill.You can measure the skill of the employee based on the basic salary
remaining component called allowance
2. D A this is to defray the cost of increase in the inflation rate based on the price index
3. HRA as all aware that depends on the House rent prevailing in that area this is fixed based on the basic (i.e capability of the employee)
4. CCA city compensatory allowance This is to defray the additional cost incurred by the employee by working in Metro cities
Mostly the allowance are paid based on the requirement it will be added or deleted . for example CCA will not paid when you transfer to rural areas
Basic is the only factor which is can not be reduced.
Normally if any one ask about the salary we have tell the basic only that reflect the skill of the person.
Another information I find in state government salary slip of West bengal that flake allowance is shown. I probed and found that 60 years before the state was attacked by flake dieses and government paid special allowance to defray the additional cost due to the epidemic. But I don't know why this is still paid.???? It should be witdrawn otherwise it looks absurd.
M S Viswanathan
9884085514 :D :oops:
Your version is totally wrong. The professional tax is levied by the municipal authorities. This should be paid by all employed in their municipal jurisdiction whether full time professional (doctor,advocate etc) or salary employees.
For salary employees both PF and professional tax should be deducted
The professional tax is twice in a year and Provident fund is social security.Pl do not confuse
M S Viswanathan :( :o
The payslip you have posted is fake for sure. Reasons are very simple:
1. P.Tax is not part of gross salary, it is part of deduction as it is statutory obligation. P.Tax rates defers from State to State.
2. Income tax again can not be part of gross salary. It is deducted on your gross salary. No company can even provision for payment of income tax back to employee as it defers based upon the expenses and savings of employee.
I am enclosing a template of a professionally made pay slip.
If the pay slip is fake, the person who has shown it generally makes a mistake. However, there are clever guys around as well. The best way is to confirm with HR about two things :
-CTC of the individual
-Whether he/she has been relieved from the service
First to clarify Abhishek's point- A company must deduct the professional tax as per the rules stipulated by the state in which the employee is working. This may differ even within the company employees if the branches of the company are located in different states.
The pay slip looks fake to me.
1. Basic Pay: As per the rules of Govt of India, an employee's basic pay can never be reduced by the company unless there is a disciplanary action. (If there is any disciplanary action, company would love to terminate him rather than just reducing the basic pay)
2. HRA: Normally, the industry rate is 40% of basic pay. This is the maximum % of HRA that is allowed as non-taxable (If I am correct) if the employee produces the rent receipt. And also this is always as a % of basic. In the pay slip shown by you, the HRA was same for Feb and Mar though the basic was different. This is again changed in April. This is virtually impossible as the software companies will only enter the BASIC PAY in the calculator rest will be calculated as a % of basic.
3. In the month of April, the salary was 44,656.00 and the income tax deducted was only 1192.00 which is impossible. The max savings allowed in India is only 100000 and for a gross income of 44000, no company would deduct just 1192 income tax.
I think this would suffice to conclude that it is a Faked one......