Statutory Complaince/labour & Employment
+1 Other

Thread Started by #Raymondhib

We are an IT company with around 35-40 people.
As per the ShopAct its mandatory to maintain physical register for employee data that includes salary etc/ muster. I have heard about taking authority permission to get exemption for maintenance of records electronically. ShopAct person is questioning again and again but not helping to get the permission.
Can someone help and point to a link/ website where i can find steps/ process to obtain authority permissions, especially for the Maharashtra State/ Pune, to allow maintenaning employee salary records electronically.
I am sure not many people maintain physical SALARY registers nowadays especailly IT companies.
thanks in advance.
10th November 2010 From India, Pune
Dear Ray,
You have to apply to the inspector of labour for exemption who will inturn forward to the commissioner for approval. You may approch the commissoner directly as well. You need to enclose the formats you want to adopt if it differs from the format provided by the statute.
11th November 2010 From India, Madras
You need to apply to concerned state chief labour commissioner for the same. Go through the Bombay Shop Act. you will find section relating to exemption from the applicability of the praticular section or rule of the Act. and filed application accordingly with your format. or can revert to .
11th November 2010
thank you both.
This has given me some directions.
Additionally i assume that the format referred in this context "format provided by the statute" is the actual physical muster right?
OR where to get to see the permitted "statute format" and I can create the same as in electronic format (document/ excel) and move on.
Once again I am very thankful to you both for bringing in out of dark.
12th November 2010 From India, Pune
Dear Ray,
Format is not the physical muster but the reduced to soft copy with the same data.
If you want to have your own format, you are permitted to do so after approval from the commissioner.
You can get the formats from the bare Act of Bombay Shops and Establishment Act and Rules.
12th November 2010 From India, Madras
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™