There are no ready made solutions for this challenge. What you would need to do is network with others from HR who are in a similar industry as yours and get pointers. You must adapt and adopt those activities that you believe will suit your employees and work culture the best. Be aware that some activities will not produce the expected results but keep experimenting till your find a whole range of successful engagement activities.
You may also get some tips and will definitely also benefit from the contents of the following Inspirational and Motivational blog that contain a write up on the quote of the day and also has practical tips to put the learning into practice.
www.actspot.wordpress.com - Daily Blog
www.poweract.blogspot.com - Weekly Blog
3rd November 2010 From India, Mumbai
Thanks for the brief. Here I haven't requested to input any ready made solution.
In fact we are already have certain activities such as:
Thank you cheques to appreciate employees.
Long Service Awards - above 5 years, above 10 years, above 15 years etc.
Other sporting activities as well.
However, thanks for your feedback.
9th November 2010 From Kuwait, Kuwait
Here are few cost-free activities I follow:-
* Short games every week - Maybe group event so the engagement is there along with competitive spirit.
* 3 times a week send some puzzles and activities via email for them to solve.
* Suggestion box - anonymous tips and complaints.
* Short snacks recess
* Letter writing competition
* Treasure hunt in office (here instead of treasure they have to search hidden colored coupons)
Apart from these there are many small activities which can be creatively thought and implemented as well.
2nd September 2015 From India, Pune