Manager -hr&a
Hr, Meditation, Yoga
Ravindra R. Wankhede
Agm ( Hr & Admn.)
Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries,
Software Developer
+4 Others

Dear all, first of all a great Diwali wishes to you all and happy knowledge sharing.
I would like to know from the experts that whether PF can be transfered from RPFC to Trust.
I am confused,because my PF was with RPFC in my last employer and recently Joined a company where my PF is with Trust.My present employer is saying that PF cannot be transfered from RPFC to Trust wheras my last employer agrees that it can be transfer.
Can anyone help me out with the provisions/rules/section.
Thanks in advance.
Amrita/Sachin lala
Dear Amritha,
I cleared the above matter from the Office of Regional PF Commissioner, Kozhikode. If the pension scheme is directly under EPF, the PF amount can be transferred fom RPFC to exempted Trust.
As per the provisions of EPS-95, those provide better benefits will be exempted from EPS. Accordingly along with the exempted Trust, if your present employer provided to have an exempted pension scheme; the above transfer is not possible.
However you may clarify/confirm this from your concerned Regional PF Office.
Dear friends,
If we keep on transfering PF to our new employers [if we change jobs] and if the continuity of PF contribution is 5 yrs,we are elligible for loans.
Apart from this is their any benefits in transfering PF.
or withdrawl is better??
My Last organisation PF was with RPFC[4 yrs] and now am in Trust[2 month],Concerned person dealing with PF here in my current org. says that RPFC to trust,we cannot transfer the PF,get it withdrawn.
I am confused,whether to transfer or withdraw,if i want to go for transfer,how to proceed and if there is withdrawl,will I get the pension amount also....
which is better PF transfer or PF withdrawl......
Amrita Mishra
Dear Amrita Mishra,
If pension fund is under RPFC, then transfer of PF amount from RPFC to exempted PF Trust and vise-versa is possible.
If the employer provide better pension benefits, such organisations may be exempted from EPS. If you are under so called exempted pension scheme, transfer as above is not possible.
Kindly ask your concerned personnel to contact the RPFC, in this regard.
Dear Friend
It is better to get the PF amount by submitting Form No: 19 and get Pension scheme certificate by submitting 10c. Keep the certificate and surrender to PF office after 58 age for getting PF Pension. Or surrender to the organisation where PF trust is available.
Dear Amrita Ji
The highest benefit one derives from continuation of PF account despite change of employers, is the continuation of pension subscription. The employee is eligible for pension after 10 years of continuous service. If the account is continued, the employee gets his past services counted. Otherwise, only the current service is taken into consideration for grant of pension.
Whenever one changes job, please advise him/her for transfer to his/her PF account to the new account. I disagree with Mr. Abbas in this matter. Even if some firm has its own PF Trust, the amount lying in one's PF account can be transferred to the new account with any EPFO office.
Thanks and regards.
You should not withdraw. You should transfer to the trust. I donot know how your new employer is telling that the amount cannot be transferred. It has to be done. Pension account and EPF account are different. If the trust is having an exempted Pension Fund also, then the transfer becomes difficult. Because the benefits are calculated by the actuary based on the contributions made, the period for which contribution has been made, the pension settlements done during that period etc. Since you were already convered under the EPS ( I presume so) alongwith EPF with the RPFC, transferring your pension wealth to the trust Pension Fund is difficult. That is why in that case (only in that case i.e. if your new employer has an exempted Pension Fund) you cannot transfer your EPF. You have to settle the EPF in that case.
As per act, you cannnot withdraw the PF if you are in employement as you are giving undertaking of non employment in withdrwal form.
The transfer from Un-exempted to Exempted is governed by Rules and Regulation framed by Trust ( Grant of Exemption ).
The Transferring Pension fund is beneficial for quantaum of pension and Pension is based on Period of Contribution to EPS
Dear Amritha & all
Please note,
1. The PF amount can be either transferred or withdrawn
2. PF can be transferred from RPFC to Trusts or vice-versa
3. Pension fund also can be transferred.
4. I think the person who has told that it cannot be transferred seem to be a half knowledge person
5. Regarding withdrawal of PF amount - If you have any requirement for funds or emergency, you may withdraw, otherwise you can trasnfer - it is your decision - nobody can say 'no' either to withdraw or transfer
6. If you have completed 10 years of service, you cannot withdraw EPS - it can be transferred or opt for pension after completion of 50 years or 58 years
Hope things are clear
Dear Shyam Agarwal,
In which matter you disagree with me? I clearly stated that the PF amount may be transferred from RPFC to Trust and vise-versa, provided the pension is dealt under the EPS-95. You are also citing the same, but on the second part you keep mum.
Dear Sir,
While working in my previous company as hr i noticed that both forms i.e. Form 19 & Form 10C were submitted to EPFO from our employees after 2months of resignation etc.
My query is to knw if the person who was employed for less than 5 yrs in one organization can withdraw his pension amount which is 8.33% of employer monthly from EPFO or not..
Please Sir help me out for particular query...
Hoping for earliest reply..!!!
Dear Pradnya Bansod
Your question :-
"My query is to know if the person who was employed for less than 5 yrs in one organization can withdraw his pension amount which is 8.33% of employer monthly from EPFO or not.."
1. Yes - If a person has worked for 5 years in an organisation, he can withdraw the pension amount (upto <10 yrs this is allowed) or
2. The person can opt to transfer the EPS to the current employer (this is beneficial as the person can have 5 yrs pensionable service and to become eligible for pension, one has to have 10 years of pensionable service)
Dear Mr. Abbas Ji
I disagreed on your statement: 'Accordingly along with the exempted Trust, if your present employer provided to have an exempted pension scheme; the above transfer is not possible.'
It may be I have not correctly followed your statement. Perhaps I hurriedly jumped on your assertion " the above transfer is not possible" without trying to understand what you exactly mean to say. But through this post, I wish to make it clear that I have no disrespect for your post. I otherwise carefully read your posts and find them knowledgeable, well-studied and most useful.
Thanks and regards,
Shyam Agrawal
I am trying to check my pf balance on site "" but it is showing the below error :
Status for Member ID: <My pf account number>
Invalid Input/Member name mismatch against this <My pf account number>
** Data updated till 20-04-2015 18:42:45
Deal All,
Can any body tell me about surrender of PF trust to EPFO step by step process
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™