PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Hr & Administration Specialist
Workplace Assessment And Training
Recruitment & Selection
Use factoHR and automate your HR processes
Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.
email@example.com sure if this will help... find this attachment and se eif its useful. it will anyways give u an outline of how to go about.
From India, Mumbai
mukku_14Thank you guys !!
For a long time I am a member of CiteHR, I have observed that one can get any kind of help related to HR from this site. All the guys who are member of CiteHR.com are so experienced in HR and they can provide you a quick help in this that you can not imagine.
Thanks you once again..Keep Posting...Keep Helping...
From India, Ghaziabad
nanda3884kumarDear Mukesh sir,
I strongly agree to your point, and also the files attached or the information shared will not only help the person who is asking for help but also many of them can make use of it...
Feels good and proud to be a member of CiteHR...
From India, Bangalore
I have posted a reply on induction before you may use the points therein to develop a manual, I have attached the document I have developed and the link for you to do more reading on induction posted by others.
Please do no forget to add people Involved in the process of induction, period of induction may be extended to 2 weeks depending on the company.
All the best in your new task
From Oman, Muscat
aussiejohnThere is a ton of stuff here already on CiteHR Use the Download Search box at the top of the page. Search FIRST Ask SECOND
From Australia, Melbourne
kanupriya vashishthi saumya,
I have completed my MBA-HR this year and now working as HR in a manufacturing unit from past 4 months. Even the first task assigned to me was the same to prepare a manual.
i hope the attachment will help you out.
All the best !!
From India, Gurgaon
I would like to add a few points to the suggestions given by our colleagues.
The broad content of the induction programme can be.
1. The job position
2. The reporting structure for the new entrant.
3. The roles and responsibilities of the new incumbent.
4. Interaction of the new entrant with other departments. (The extent of interaction with various departments)
5. The reading material/ manuals that has to be read by the new entrant during the induction process.
If the above details are known then you can prepare the induction programme.
The format of the induction programme can contain the following details.
1. Name of the new employee.
2. Designation of the new employee.
3. His date of joining.
4. The reporting relationship.
5. Induction programme daywise. The period of induction will vary from candidate to candidate. If they are new then it would be wise to prepare them for longer periods (say even 30 days if they are freshers) and 10 - 15 days depending upon their experience.
6. Fix time slots for each department and communicate the induction programme to all employees who are required to carryout the induction programme.
7. On the date of joining ensure the HR department completes the required formalities such as introducing him to important employees in the organisation and all employees in his department (do not overload him with more names and designations on day one it will be impractical for him to remember). While introducing you can add quotes like "This guy will be the one who will process your expense statements" etc and this will make him feel at ease.
8. Tell him about the simple policies to be followed (reporting time, lunch time etc). Show him the locations such as dining hall, refreshment room etc.
9. Advise him to prepare an induction report after completing the programme on what all he has understood during the induction process.
10. It will be wise on your part to put up a welcome note on the board on the day of joining that will give a brief about the employee with a photograph.
11. More importantly follow up the induction programme with the new employee instead of merely directing him to meet so and so in a particular department. Ensure that the person who has to carryout the induction has taken over the process.
12. Ask the department head to hand over a copy of the Roles and Responsibilities, Key result Areas, Process Measurables, Result Measurables etc.
As you keep preparing such programmes you will come across more information which can be added to your manual. Ensure that the reading materials are made available for him during the induction period.
Advise the new employee to keep you informed about the progress of the induction (who has completed and what is pending every day). You may be required to reschedule certain programmes based on day to day requirements of the organisation.
KEEP DOING YOU WILL SUGGEST ME A LOT MORE OF IT!!!
ALL THE VERY BEST
From India, Madras
ramya HRhi i am need in the induction project report can plz forward me that you done on induction programme
From India, Hyderabad
abhaduttaHi, I have recently taken a responsibility to start HR department in our company. First tak assinged to me to recruit the new employees. Please suggest me the Recruitment process, also how to make their KRA and appointment process.
From India, Delhi