We cannot have standard strageties that can be effectively use for any problems in HR, As in medicine it depends on the symtoms and the nature of sickness. In HR we have to understand our own Company the people working, managment attititude, staff level cooperations and politics in the organisation (politics in any organisation is very dangerous).
In case of employee's retention the important factor are.
1) The role of the individual, his expectation of the job and the actual job.
2) The Companies enviroment, the colleagues and certain immediate feeders (certain people gives very bads facts about the organisation which may not be true). The work enviroment is very important as he spend major part of his life in the office.
3) The career development, growth, and individual development or upgradation policies.
4) Proper redressal of any grievances or problem of the individual using the rule of natural justices.
5) Finaly the pay at of the day we work for money the important motivator of any job
About team building again it is the set of factors you will have to consider for any group or team.
1) defining individual role.
2) inter linkage of the individual role with each other creating interdependability and shared responsibility.
3) acknowleding the success commonly with all and not in individuality.
4) Resolving conflict between the group.
5) encoraging the environment of branistroming and taking collective discussions.
Above are the certain tips and factor that can be used to develop the stratergies and policies for employee retention and team building.
Thanks & Regards
21st May 2007 From India, Mumbai