I spoke to my ex-employer reg:PF withdrawal, they informed me that they require my reliving letter in order to process the request.
I didn't serve my notice period so I dont have the letter. I submit a resignation letter and they accepted it(back then). But they insist now they need the reliving letter w/o which the request won't be processed, can they do that, is it within the law?
Somebody please response..... thanks a ton.

From United States, Tustin

Manager - HR
There is not need of reliving letter for withdrawal of PF. You need to fill the PF withdrawal form and your ex-employer needs to sign on it. Along with the form you need to attach one cancelled cheque of the bank, who's details you will give in the form as proof. Then you need to submit that in the PF office. You can submit the form only after 3 months of your resignation.
If your ex-employer doesn't sign the form you can get it signed from any of the gazetted officers.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™