Administration Head
Head - Human Resources
+5 Others

Hello Friends,
I am Manish Namdev and very new to this Forum it nice to see a forum where we can post our corporate world queries and experience.
I have query and want your Suggestion please help me out. I am working as a system executive in AKC Data System Pvt. Ltd. It is basically IT Section of Amity University Noida. Because of an accident i am not able walk and not attending my office from 26 july and my treatment still going on so i want to resign but my HR department and my managers are not reliving me because of not able to give a notice period of a month.
Please help me to solve the problem.
Manish Namdev

From India, Delhi
Dear Manish
It doesn't matter if u r not relieved yet, u just write an explanatory letter about ur accident and send it along with medical certificate to ur office in charge. There may not be any one sided rule as if u fail to give one month's notice prior to leaving it then u can remit pay for one month in lieu of notice. Then company shall relieve u immediately, pls. remember one can not be retained against his will.
Kiran Kale.

From India, Kolhapur
Dear Manish, I just want to know the reason behind your resignation. Why do you want to change your employer as you said that you are not well.
From India, Bangalore
Dear Manish,
1. Sent ur Medical report that ur not fit to join the duty.
2. Get the reply in writing from ur HR Manager the reason for not relieiving, if the reason is valid then u have to pay the one month notice pay and get releived .
3. Write them that ur ready to pay the short notice pay and against that u need the Releiving letter.
4. If they are not giving the reply then write to Managing director / top Authority and mark a copy to education dept and Labour commissioner office.
I think ur problem will be resolved by this above action.
johnson poojari

From India, Mumbai
Whatever the relieving date, you will have to serve the notice period unless your supervisor or department incharge or whoever is authorized to waive off your notice period. you should mention in your resignation that you want resignation with waiver of notice perod and have a written reply either thru mail or hard copy from your HR department.
In most of the cases the new employer considers the resignation if a proof of resignation submitted is produced to him. you can additionally send in your resignation thru Registered AD which should provide you with an acknowledgement that you have sent in your resignation if the current employer is not accepting your resignation. the relieving can happen later on.
remember to keep all the communication in writing and keep a photocopy of all the envelops acknolegements with you to produce to other employer.

From India, Raipur
Dear Manish,
why not you continue your treatment and then go back to work as long as your company did not lay you off?!!!
I think you need to reconsider your resignation or second option; if you have the financial capability you can pay your company one month instead of the notice period they need.

From Egypt
Dear Manish, Md. Hassan is correct rather to think for reliving go through your treatment after recovery continue your job. Wishing you speedy recovery, B’regards, from, Sumit Kumar Saxena
From India, Ghaziabad
Dear mahesh,
unexpectd things always be there, ready to face challanges whatever be the nature. Relieving is not the issue...nobody can stop you since mutual offer has been agreed.
One more option, you may continue to do same job through LAPTOP sitting in your home after consultation with your employer provided your nature of job accepts.
Be positive always.....recovery from your end always be the mindset.
I wish you a speedy recovery, continue to do good job as well.

From India, Madras
Hi Manish,

First have you ever tried to get the reason of same, why your employer is not willing to give you a clear exit?

Have you ever talk to your supervisor whom you are reporting or whether your resignation is accepted or not.

As you have mentioned here that you are not able to attend your office these days due to the medical problem and wanna resigned but one thing I don’t understand why you want to resign as you can get the medical leaves and can rejoin your office after that by submitting the all medical bills.

It’s a big question and it seems with the same reason your employer is not accepting your resignation and until then you cant be relieved.

The best solution is you send a hard copy of your resignation with a brief letter of your situation and with a strong reason that you can rejoin them and a copy to the HR Manager and ask them to relieve you. If they found your situation and reason is actual then they will automatically relieve you or if they enquire about you by the phone call or anything just give them the whole details what they wanna know.

Im sure they will understand because HR is also don’t wanna stretch this kind of issue and have no time further time to spent on it.

If you have anymore queries or wanna know thing, feel free to contact.

Best of Luck

From India, Gurgaon
Dear Friends
thanks for your replies Actually i got a ligament injury its take time to recover but with this i have joined fulltime MBA course after being well i have to attend my college so i will not able to attend the office so i want to resign, this things i have already told to AVP sir and i have talked to them but the matter is this they are playing game with me the HR dept says that we have no problem to relives you but with the permission of your AVP sir and AVP sir is saying that HR dept can help you i am not.
i have mailed them my resignation with attachment of my medical document.
friends the problem is that there is all the power within a single person. that is AVP sir.

From India, Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™