Branch Manager - Operations
Accounts And Computer
Principal, Guardian Public School, Pearson
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Can have some similar shocks from https://www.citehr.com/275013-someth...crks-desk.html
This happened about a month or two ago near Lonavala and even though it sounds like something from an Alfred Hitchcock movie.
This guy drives from Mumbai to Pune and decides not to take the new
expressway as he wants to see the scenery.
The inevitable happens and when he reaches the ghats his car breaks
down - he's stranded miles from nowhere.
Having no choice he starts walking on the side of the road, hoping
to get a lift to the nearest human habitation. It's dark and
raining and pretty soon he's wet and shivering. The night rolls on
and no car goes by, the monsoon rains are so strong he can hardly
see a few feet ahead of him. Suddenly he sees a car coming towards
It slows and then stops next to him - without thinking the guy
opens the car's door and jumps in. Seated in the back, he leans
forward to thank the person who had saved him when he realizes
there is nobody behind the steering!!!
Even though there's no one in the front seat and no sound of any
engine, the car starts moving slowly.
The guy looks at the road ahead and sees a curve coming (remember,
this is in the hills and there is a steep,steep drop beyond the
Scared almost to death he starts to pray, begging the Lord for his
life. He hasn't come out of shock, when just before he hits the
curve, a hand appears through the window and moves the steering! The car makes the curve safely and continues on the road to the next bend.
The guy, now paralyzed in terror, watches how the hand appears
every time they are before acurve and moves the steering wheel just
enough to get the car around each bend.Finally, the guy sees lights ahead. Gathering his courage he wrenches open the door of the silent, slowly moving car, scrambles out and runs as hard as he can towards the lights.It's a
Wet and in shock goes to a roadside dhaba, which is open, and asks
for a drink.They find some hooch and give him a shot. And he starts
telling whoever is in the dhabba about the horrible experience he's just been through.
A silence envelops everybody when they realize the guy isn't drunk,
and is really frightened - he's crying and shaking. So they give
him more hooch and talk about what they should do, whether to call the police or find a priest, or what.
But just then two guys walk into the dhaba. One says to the other
"Look, - that's the guy who got in our car when we were pushing it."
Bangalore - any place that has been known for any appearance of any kind of spirits or any kind of abnormal activities which is believed to be ghosts/spirits
Bombay - Bombay Supreme Court - for over 30 years whenever a murder trial is conducted here a vengeful bilingual ghost makes itself known by cursing and terrorizing anyone brave (or foolish) enough to enter.
Delhi - Delhi cant. -Most of the times, people see a lady standing in white dress asking for lift. if you go thru she will run as fast as the car runs & people reported her sitting there.
Gujarat - Surat - Dumas - If you walk towards the ocean at night in Dumas then u will hear noises that will tell you go home don’t go forward and all scary things happen. Dogs will even start chasing you sometimes but they say that the dogs run because they are trying to get away from that place as well. This all happens because Hindus burn their bodies after they die over there and the ghosts in there body stay in the air.
Hyderabad - Ramoji Film City - It is a big film city in Hyderabad,(like universal studios) the hotels in Ramoji film city are haunted. They say that the film city is built on war grounds of the Nizam sultans. Witnesses report the lights kept on top keep falling off, the light men- who sit with the lights on top have been pushed so many times and many have had grievous injuries. The food left in rooms also gets scattered around the room and strange marks are left on the mirror, some script.... resembling Urdu...the language spoken by the sultans. Girls are the ghosts' favorite to haunt. They trouble the girls so much, they tear their clothes, knock on the bathroom doors while the outside doors are locked. They create havoc. Many preventive measures have been taken to prevent hauntings......but of no use...they keep coming back after sometime.
Lonawala - Maharashtra - Raj Kiran hotel - Reports of bedsheets being pulled off and continue to be pulled even after the guest is woken up. This room is in the corner and at the backside of the reception on the ground floor itself.
Mumbai - Mahim - Near Canossa primary there is a chawl named d'souza chawl, there is a local well from whwere people used to fill water and even wash clothes.This well did not have any boundary walls around it and once when a lady was filling water the whole thing collapsed.The lady too fell in that well and died.After this incident she is said to appear everyday near that well and many of the locals have even seen her. She does not harm anyone just strolls around the place and before morning hours she dissappears.
New Delhi - Sanjay Van (near Qutab Institutional Area) - Sanjay Van is a huge forest area spread over around 10 kms. There is a cremation ground also there, many people have reported having seen a lady dressed in a white saree appearing and disappearing suddenly.
Pune - Shaniwarwada Fort - When Peshwas ruled the western Indian province, Narayan the heir of the kingdom was assassinated on his uncle Madhavrao's wife's orders. Narayan was chased by his assassins across the entire fort. It was said that while running for his life he called "Uncle save me", and even today locals say that they hear his cries for help at midnights on new moon day.
Rajasthan - Alwar / Bhangarh-Ajabgarh - Bhangarh ruins - Bhangarh is a place on way from Jaipur to Alwar city in Rajasthan state of India. Today Bhangarh is known for it's ruins where nobody dares to stay after sunset. Going to history we find that this town was established by Madho Singh, younger brother of King Akbar’s General Man Singh, in 1631. But the city seems to have been abandoned in a hurry some centuries later. As per local folks, due to some curse the whole town was vacated overnight. According to this curse It was also said that if the town was ever rediscovered, the township would not be found, but only temples would show up. True to the story, only temples dot the landscape and even far up on the mountains only shrines can be seen. People say that nobody returned from there who stayed there after dark. The biggest thing is that as per Govt. of India rules there has to be an office of Archaeology Survey of India (ASI) beside every historical structure in India. But even Government authorities couldn’t dare to open an office there and they opened their office about one kilometer away from the ruins of Bhangarh. Also ASI has put a signboard at Bhangarh saying, "Staying after sunset is strictly prohibited in this area." People who visit this place out of tourist interest say that there is a strange feeling in the atmosphere of Bhangarh, which causes sort of anxiety and restlessness.
Thane - Vrindavan Society - Its said a Man had committed suicide in one of the Buildings in Vrindavan Society(Bldg. No.66 B).The security guard's patrolling the area around have come across weird happenings. Once a guard was slapped so hardly that he got up from his chair and hit the other guard who was near by him thinking he was the one who hit him.
West Bengal - Kurseong - Dow-Hill - The forests have an uncanny feeling. Its damp, cold and sometimes dark. People up here tend to be depressed and countless murders have taken place. On the stretch between Dow-Hill road and the Forest Office, wood cutters returning in the evenings have sited a young boy walking head-less for several yards and then walk away from the road into the woods. Other than this, footsteps are heard in the corridors of the Victoria Boys School when the school is closed for long holidays from December to March
Saturday mail delivery in Canada was eliminated by Canada Post on February 1, 1969!
In Tokyo, a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less than 50 minutes!
There are 18 different animal shapes in the Animal Crackers cookie zoo!
Should there be a crash, Prince Charles and Prince William never travel on the same airplane as a precaution!
Your body is creating and killing 15 million red blood cells per second!
The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card!
There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos!
There is one slot machine in Las Vegas for every eight inhabitants!
The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. It was the fashion in Renaissance Florence to shave them off !
Every day 20 banks are robbed. The average take is $2,500!
The most popular first name in the world is Muhammad!
Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating!
Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult!
One car out of every 230 made was stolen last year!
The names of Popeye's four nephews are Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, and Poopeye!
Until the nineteenth century, solid blocks of tea were used as money in Siberia!
The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men with their hands on each other's shoulders!
When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second!
A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel!
A car uses 1.6 ounces of gas idling for one minute. Half an ounce is used to start the average automobile!
The Philadelphia mint produces 26 million pennies per day!
A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface!
A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood!
It is estimated that 4 million junk telephone calls, phone solicitations by persons or programmed machine are made every day in the United States!
It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!
Forest fires move faster uphill than downhill!
Almost half the newspapers in the world are published in the United States and Canada!
If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over 1 million descendents.
You are more likely to be struck by lightning than to be eaten by a shark.
You are more likely to be infected by flesh-eating bacteria than you are to be struck by lightning.
If you urinate when swimming in a South American river, you may encounter the candiru. Drawn to warmth, this tiny fish is known to follow a stream of urine to its source, swim inside the body, and flare it's barbed fins. It will remain firmly embedded in the flesh until surgically removed
When a pilot light in a gas barbecue fails to ignite the gas jets properly, it is easy for you to inhale gas accidentally while trying to light it by hand. If this has happened, when the match does light, sometimes a trail of flame will blaze from the jet onto your mouth, filling your lungs with fire. Oddly enough, you would suffocate before burning to death as the flame could consume the oxygen in every breath you would take
The soft plastic headphones used on airplanes create a warm, moist environment in the ear canal that is ideal for breeding bacteria. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times
On a plane, if the passenger in your seat on the incoming flight had serious gas, then you are sitting on a cushion full of disease-causing microbes
Homely criminals get 50% longer jail sentences, on average, than good-looking criminals
Four sunken nuclear submarines sit at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. One, a Russian sub resting in deep water off of Bermuda, holds 16 live nuclear warheads. Scientists and oceanographers are unsure what the impact of the escaping plutonium will have, but warn that corrosion could create the proper chemical environment for a massive nuclear chain reaction
In 1994, electromagnetic interference (EMI) from a nearby cellular telephone captivated a power wheelchair at a scenic vista in Colorado, sending the passenger over a cliff
More people working in advertising died on the job in 1996 than died while working in petroleum refining
he could smell a faint aroma of the lavender. . he remembered about the flower lady who had died on this level. The ward was somewhere twards the end of the hall but he brush away the thought of ghost and such. .he continued walking. .
the sound gotten stronger and the smell of the lavender grew heavier. .
feeling a bit scared, he decided to walk faster. .
this time the hissing get more louder and the aroma get even more heavier. The guard felt like he was getting near to something or even. . somebody. . he look ahead. . then he realise he was getting near the ward where the flower lady died. . . he keep on walking
he sense something was wrong as he approached the ward. . he began praying as he walk trying to ignore the ghostly thought. .
and soon as he stand infront of the ward. .
He heard that the sound was just above him and the smell was so strong. .
he look up. .
slowy. . .
slowy. . .
and. . .
scroll down. . .
damn it's stupid air refresherner!
Can find more at https://www.citehr.com/275013-someth...ks-desk-2.html
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself
- The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
- A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate. I know some people like that!
- A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
- A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2 by 3-1/2.
- During the chariot scene in "Ben Hur," a small red car can be seen in the distance
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily! That explains it!
- Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
- Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
- The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan." There was never a recorded Wendy before.
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves.
- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
- The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
- The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
- The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was the Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
- Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
- By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
- Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin wit
- Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
- Sherlock Holmes NEVER said "Elementary, my dear Watson."
- An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to take more than 3 steps backwards while dancing.
- The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
- The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
- Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them. Not to mention the other drawback.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
1. Contrary to what you may have heard, ghosts are not more afraid of you than you are of them. As a matter of fact, most of them would just as soon send you straight to Hell as to give you the time of day. The fact is that ghosts are usually terrified of themselves when they happen to occasionally see their own reflections in mirrors or pools of blood after they have brutally murdered careless ghost hunters.
2. A lot of ghosts have pretty lousy eyesight. It isn't more common in them than humans, it's just that they have a difficult time keeping glasses on since their ears are usually just smoke-like whisps. As a result, they tend to be pretty easy to trick. I once lured a Civil War soldier's restless spirit with a piece of carrot cake and then I trapped him in a Mason jar. I keep it surrounded by mirrors and I fall asleep every night to the sound of his shrieks of neverending terror. Sometimes, it's best to skip dessert and I think he learned that lesson the hard way as many of his kind eventually do.
3. The old 'Bloody Mary' stunt will never work the way you might expect it to. The best results I ever got was when I tried it with some friends once when we were out at a bar on Halloween. Nothing paranormal happened, though. When we opened our eyes, each of us found a glass of tomato juice and vodka garnished with a stalk of celery sitting in front of us. Those weren't quite the type of spirits we'd had in mind but we didn't really care after having a few of them. We later found out that the bartender had done that. Believe it or not!
4. If you ever go on a ghost hunt, you can play bluegrass music really loud to protect yourself. They hate that.
5. If you ever see a ghost with glowing, red eyes looking your way, smiling and pointing at you, you can pretty much kiss your butt goodbye because you're probably about to take a long trip and it isn't to Disney World.
6. You might not think it would be the case but ghosts usually tend to have pretty good senses of humor. I once told some joke about Casper being gay and when I was singing, "Casper, the overly-friendly ghost...", it somehow got choked on ectoplasm because it was laughing so hard.
7. If you're going to go ghost hunting, be sure to take the proper equipment. For starters, you'll want to have one of those new Kodak Ghost Cameras, plenty of that special film that they make for them and a few ghost jokes. This is one of my favorites and regardless of how dumb it may seem, it gets them pretty tickled most of the time: "Why did the depressed spirit leave the Earthly plane? To get to the other side." Once you have them laughing, you'll want to have some Tupperware containers to catch them in. It helps to lure them inside if you put a piece of cinnamon toast or something like that in there. I guess they love sweets so much because they don't have to worry much about getting fat or rotting their teeth out. It's a good idea to take along an audio recorder as well.
8. If you're on a ghost hunt, it isn't a good idea to stay out much after midnight. If you do, you might not have time to get home by 12:40 to see Conan O'Brien.
9. The only thing that scares ghosts worse than seeing reflections of themselves is seeing other ghosts. If you're ever cornered and desperate to get out of the situation, there's an old trick which might work for you. It's saved my hide a couple of times over the years. You can sometimes catch them off guard by asking how they like your disguise. They'll probably just give you a puzzled look and then you say, "Yeah, I'm wearing a mask of that nerdy guy that I slaughtered and sent straight to Hell this morning. I never liked him even when I was alive. It looks pretty real, don't ya think?" Then you talk in a really exaggerated geek voice and say something about cd roms or pocket protectors or Dungeons and Dragons or something. That's about the time when you should make your getaway.
10. Try to avoid arguing with ghosts. If you do, they're apt to start talking in a really annoying, whiny voice. The only thing worse than a whiner is a dead whiner in an argument