Signup | Login
- Knowledge & Insights Shared By Experienced Professionals On Business & Professional Issues.
Create Account With Email Address (Get Validation Link)
Login To Your Account
Hr Consultant & Graphologist
is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights.
10th May 2007
From India, Pune
Hope following information is useful to all from experienced persons as well as freshers......... :lol: :lol:
IMPROVE YOUR RESUME BY FOLLOWING THE TIPS GIVEN BELOW: -
1. The name and mailing address including email ID, Tel No should be prominent.
2. Font style should be: [12-point size] [Use regular/ bold/ italics style]
1. The resume should not be too lengthy. The length should be 2/ 2.5 pages.
2. 'References'/ 'Salary Expected' should not be mentioned.
3. Location/s preferred: Metros/ India/ Abroad should be specified.
4. Preference for a particular industry/ company should be indicated.
5. Job objective should be included in the resume/ it should be focused.
6. If you have a varied background it is advisable to prioritise.
7. Your date of birth and not age should be mentioned.
8. Indicate professional qualifications. Mention specialisation, University/Institute, year of passing the exam
9. Check for spelling/ grammar mistakes.
10. Check the alignment before sending the resume; the margins should not exceed the printable area.
1. 'Summary of Skills and Experience' should come just after 'Job Objective'. It should give total years of experience.
2. Under the heading 'Organisational Experience' you should begin with your current job.
3. The name of organisation/ tenure/ designation should be mentioned. Year should be also mentioned against positions held.
4. Provide company details like (a) name of the company, (b) products/ services, (c) area of operation, (d) turnover, (e) nature: MNC, ISO 9002 certified JV etc.
5. In case of promotions begin with the earliest position and move chronologically.
6. Show how your responsibilities grew with promotions.
7. Highlight your achievements/ expertise more than your responsibilities & Justify your achievements with figures/ percentages.
8. Separately mention responsibilities and achievements.
9. Furnish an account of projects undertaken.
10. Give a summary of training programmes attended (ignore if less than 4 weeks).
1. Highlight your skills/ strengths like leadership qualities, communication skills.
2. Give an account of the Course including details of projects undertaken.
3. Give a summary of Projects undertaken and skills developed thereby.
4. Mention your qualification. Indicate elective papers.
5. Distinctions (if any)/ Scholarship/s should be properly highlighted.
6. Provide details of the training.
7. Give a detailed account of article ship in case of CAs.
8. In case of Software projects please specify language/ platform/ RDBMS/ Project description/ team size.
18th May 2007
From India, Madras
Hi Shailendra That was neatly drafted piece of information. Keep posting !!! Regards Elamurugu
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question,
please post it on the network
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.
Other Similar Discussions On Cite.Co
Training & development career for a non hr experienced p (Archive)
Collection of resume!!!!!!!!enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Archive)
Which is better - job posting on portals or resume search (Archive)
Related Files & Downloads Shared By Members
Challs hr resume.doc
PRIME COMMUNITY SPONSORS
This Discussion Thread
10 May 2007 01.51.18 PM
Tag Recent Discussions
Work Culture - How To Improve And Increase Productivity?
Need Professional Advice / Help
Women vs men in HR an inclusive perspective
How to circulate the information to employee for reading Daily newspaper in office
How to improve communication skills..??
Grading The Staff
Require Datga Entry Projects
Terms Of Service
All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™