It varies from company to company.
1) Roti 4 to 6 (Depending upon weights )
3) Veg -2 types (one dry, another with gravy)
7) Green Salad
9) Sweet Dish
For Non Vegetarians
Non veg items can be incuded (like Eggs/Meat/Chiken) in place of Veg.
Note: Types of Dal and Rice can be changed daily like Dal fry, dal makhani, dal kolhapurietc. Rice can be served as Steamed rice, jeera rice, masala rice, veg pulao etc.)
Pl. note thet it depends upon the policy of the company.
The ideal menu is somewhat similar to one quoted by shri Rajesh Verma.
Veg. menu can be made more healthy by ensuring that during the week on different days Dal (pulses) with high proteincontents may be served, Gravy sabji's containing enriched vit-C, Curd already takes care of vit-A, green salad on some days may have combination of Tomato and cucumber (the duo consumed together enriches content of calcium in body). Atleast we are ensuring the same in our Industry.
As per rule 85 of the Maharashtra Factories Rules 1963, the CHIEF INSPECTOR OF FACTORIES will direct the manager to provide such food stuff to be served in the canteen, which are in general demand. the Managing committe of the canteen shall be consulted as to the quality and quantitiy of foodstuff to be served and the arrangement of menu.
the following is the standard diet coverned in the canteeen menu.
chappatis 3 nos
one bati rice
one bati dal
non veg items
boiled egg/ omlet / bread
battata vada/ bread
idli / meduwada/ sambar/ chatni/
small glass of milk
tea/ coffee/ during summer season lemon juice etc
seasonal fruits such as bananas, apples, grapes, chikoos, piar etc are also served in the industrial canteen with lunch/ dinner
further depending upon the type of industry such as heavy engineering/ chemicals/ etc where laborious and hard working is required, milk, fruits, JAaggry are served.
as per the Mumbai Highcourt Judgement in GODREJ LTD VS THEIR WORKMEN, THE COURT HELD THAT NON VEG ITEMS ARE NOT COMPULSORY TO BE SERVED IN THE INDUSTRIAL CANTEEN.
I hope this will serve your purpose.
SR. MANAGER HR
FRANCO INDIAN PHARMA LTD
- It is next to impossible to have consensus on what would be ideal menu in any canteen.
- Best way is to have suggestions from actual diners, so they also get a feeling that their opinion counts and they are being heard.
- Out of many suggestions, you will be able to implement most because you have to serve food daily for almost 300 days in the year.
Please note that the items may not be that delicious but however it should be hygenic according to the industrial climate.
You may follow the below items for your canteen.
2. Aluparatha or Satuparatha or Gobi Paratha
3. Veg Upma (Cabage, onion, Ginger, garlic)
4. Masala Dosa with Sambar, Chatni
1. Fried Rice
2. Masala Pakhal (Rice with water, mixed with little curd, chilly, garlic) with veg fry
2. Dal fry or Mung Dal
3. Roti / Chapati
1. Mix Veg
2. Veg manchurian
3. Methi Alu
4. Bharwan Vindi
5. Papad, Salad, Masala Papad
2. Chicken Butter Masala
3. Chicken Curry
4. Egg curry
5. Cholar Dal
lastly- Masala Cold drinks
Menu mentioned by other friends are good.
I will like to add some points which you have to keep in mind before selecting canteen food menu :
1. Employees working in your factory are from North India or South India because you have to choose canteen menu according to state food choice.
2. Whether your employer allow non-veg food inside factory premises or not.
3. You are providing free meals to employees or providing them at an concessional rate because may be that you are providing very good food in canteen but amount charged by you from employees may not be acceptable to them.
Wish you provide very good food to your employees and get praise from them.
Modi Ashok Kumar