How Long Should I Wait For An Offer Letter? - CiteHR
Dayalsaran
Manager (sales Administration)
Cite Contribution
Community Manager
Tajsateesh
Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling
Dakhseshnaik
Hr Manager
Sharmaneesu
Employee
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear All;
I recently appeared for an interview and after 8 days I was informed by the HR that I have been selected and will receive the offer letter in next 3 days. However I didn't receive the offer letter. So I sent and email to the HR seeking information regarding the offer letter. The concerned HR sent me an email stating that my selection is confirmed but I have to wait as the MD is out of country. I am quite interested in joining the company.
Please Guide:
1. Should I send another email as its already been 8 days since the last email
2. Should I wait for a bit more.
I don't know what to do. Any kind of guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Dev

Greetings,
You have a communication in e-mail about your offer.It is evident that the offer made to you is valid and the delay in issuing the letter is because of an operational reason . Hence it is plausible for you to wait .
Regards,
(Cite Contribution)

Hi,
I got offer letter in my hand from an MNC, one of the top in INDIA. Later they had stretched the time 1,2,3 months.
Because of the brand value of the company i waited and finally they informed me the offer letter is not valid anymore. Better don't believe them. Companies will always take chances on us. If not u there are 'n' options for them.
Don't waste your time, keep looking for other jobs, if they get back before, Good. or Take your steps ahead. Dont waste time..
Regards
Dinesh
Sr.HR cum Projects Executive.

Hi,
how can u believe that they hv stated the right reason for delay. many times organisation put on hold candidate as opening is on the verge of cancellation and told candidate tht they would be issued offer but it would be delayed for so n so reasons.
but again if u dont have anything in hand right now then there is no harm in waiting. if options are available u can talk to HR, tell them the situation that u hv to choose one of the option by this date. so pls finalize and let me know otherwise i may opt other option. if org is really in need of ur talent. they will shortly get back to you.
now a days offers are being issued on e-mail as well.
regards,
nishu

I agree with Ravi & Nishu. Call the HR and tell him whats the reason behind this long delay. and if possible ask him to send a soft copy of the offer letter. Also, if there are other opportunities please take them and don't wait or else you may loose better opportunities.
Dear Dev,
Usually the HR head has the right to issue / sign the offer letter and it is a practice in many of the established companies. From this point of view there should not be any reason in sending you the offer letter and joining date.
If the organization is a proprietary concern then of course will be signed by the MD as they (MD) wants to see every paper.
As you are interested to join the organization, evaluate the situation and take a right step. If you would like to know my opinion, then listen and look for other opportunity as Jobs are difficult to get easily these days.
Regards,
Dayal Saran M

Hello Dev,

The GOLDEN rule in job-hunt is: A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. So keep trying in multiple directions [meaning all openings that suit your profile] UNTIL you have something concrete IN-HAND.

Whether the HR is telling the truth or lying isn't YOUR problem--your problem is to land-up with a job that satisfies you. If he is lying, do you think he will admit it? And if he is indeed speaking the truth, aren't you screwing-up a relationship--if you take Ravi's advice & blast him? And pl don't be cocksure that you won't bump into him again in your life--after all the world's a small place.

Keep trying other openings too AND just keep sending reminder mails to this HR guy too--maybe once a week. You can also maybe call him & ask subtly as to when his MD will be returning back. That is one way to judge if he is speaking the truth or lying--if the reason keeps on extending indefinitely or a new reason comes out every time you call/mail.

ALL THE BEST.

Rgds,

TS

Hi All;
Thanks for all you inputs....
I already am working in a good company so thats not a problem. This was the email I received from the HR on Tuesday 24th Aug:
I am awaiting formal approval of MD of all appointments. MD is away from Chennai. As soon as it is received offer will be sent to you.
Sorry y/day I could not pick your call as kept inside the bag due to heavy rain here.
As confirmed, you have been shortlisted for appointment and no worry on this.
Regards;
Dev

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.






About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™