No Tags Found!


Pls guide me in this issue.
Previous employer is not putting signature on my PF Transfer form. While leaving the company there was a problem with my boss. He did not give Reliving letter/ experience letter. Now he is not putting signature on this form.
pls let me know a solution to get the PF amt transferred to present employer PF Account. Repy soon

From India, Bangalore
Seasoned Ir Professional
Esic/epf Incharge
Hr Manager
Swapnil Petkar
System Administrator
+7 Others


In the PF transfer form (Form 13) signature of previous employer is not required. It is to be sent through the present employer to the PF Office where the previous employer's accounts are kept. The PF authorities will call for form 3A and break certificate of yours from the (previous) employer. A demand for 3A and break certificate or any information about any employee by the EPF Office can not be rejected by the employer.

If instead of transferring the accounts, if you wish to close the previous accounts, then also the previous employer's signature is not mandatory. The withdrawal forms (form 19 and form 10C) can be sent directly to the EPF Office after getting your signatures in the forms attested by a Gazetted Officer, MP/ MLA or the Manager of the Bank to which account the amounts are to be transferred. This is just to ensure that the claimant is known and his signature is thus attested. In such cases also the PF Office will call for the required returns from the employer which no employer can reject saying that the employee had left without notice or the relationship he had with the employee was not so good.



From India, Kannur

Sir I want to know in such case wether employers contribution will be included?? Rashmi Wagholikar
From India, Mumbai

Dear Rashmi,
PF act is governed by central govt. and has the same rule all over india. What ever your dues/entitlements are,
definetely will be paid to you, yes, employers' share will also be credited to your account.
Baba Naresh

From India, Delhi
I worked in my previous employer from Jan 2006 to may 2009 and in my new organization; I applied for PF transfer in June 2009. It has been 15 months now, but its not done yet.

One month back when I asked to my current employer they said: The last update is that the forms have been sent to your previous employer by RPFC, Gurgaon stating to submit Form 3A in Jan 10, please get in touch with your previous employer.

Then I asked my previous employer, they said that they have submitted 3A form in Jan 2010 to PF office and now when I contacted to PF office on this they said: Your form has been returned on 22.01.2010 due to non-availability of form 3A for the year 2008-2009.

My previous company is not doing well; they already have changed the company name and location and seem financially very week. I have doubt on submitting of 3A form. I tried to reaching them, but all calls are going either busy or no-one attending the calls.
Please let me know what steps I need to take it up. Any help will be appreciated.

From India, Madras

It is not the responsibility of the concerned employee to get the form 3A from an employer but the EPF organisation should bear it. Therefore, you may make a representation before the EPF Organisation detailing the efforts you have already taken to get your previous account transferred. The letter should be addresses to your the Asst. Provident Fund Commissioner of the area where your previous employer had maintained the PF accounts (to whom you had sent your form 13) with a copy marked to the Regional PF Commissioner of that area and Asst. Provident Fund Commissioner of the present locality. You can also state that you have complied with the formalities by submitting form 13 and the authorities should get the other processes done. If required you may file a complaint following the provisions of the Right To Information Act later.

From India, Kannur
I submitt PF transfer form with all the details but the pf authorities returned the with a note that to submitt form no 5 and break certificate{non wage earning days}. what shoul i do now... please send me a solution ... and what is break certificate...
From India, Kochi

I don't know why the PF Office returned your transfer forms to you for want of form 5 and break certificate. It is usually sent to the company directing them to submit form 5 and break certificate and not to be applicant because these documents are not prepared and signed by the applicant but by the company where the applicant worked and from where the account is to be transferred. Otherwise it may be a copy of the letter sent to the company for details but wrongly sent to you with form 13. Please check.

From India, Kannur
Dear Sir/Madam
I would like to know that, Is Pension Fund to be transferred from old member id to current id ?
My pension fund not transferred in current id.
Only Employee share transferred.
Is this ok ?
If I leave this company and join another company so what about my pension fund till today ?
Please guide me.....

From India, Rajkot

I am bit in a confusion with regards to the responsibilities of employer with regards to employee's previous employer's pf transfer to the current employment. Generally the current employer shares the Form 13 revised to the employee for getting the pf transferred to his current employer's pf account and then proceeds with the submission formality to the PF office. Post to this will the current employer follow up with the PF authorities to get this employee's pf transferred or should the employee get in touch with the PF authorities. Please let me know about the same, I am being guided with different answers.
Sachin Desai

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.