hello all,
one of our employee met with an accident with loss of two fingures in his right hand, our company is covered under Factory act & ESI act, if any one pls tell me what formalities we should take in respect of this incident.

From India, Delhi
If the accident had happened during the course of employment and if the employee who met with the accident is covered by ESI (merely coverage of the Factory will not make the employee covered by ESI), then send an accident report in the prescribed form to the ESI Corporation and the Inspector of Factories and Boilers. This report should have been sent at least 24 hours of such accident. Any way, even if it is late please send the reports now. You might have given him treatment from any hospital and once he is discharged from that hospital, let him present himself before the ESI Inspector and the Medical Officer of the ESI. The rest will be taken care of by the ESIC.
I hope Mr. V Shyamprasad, the ESI Corporation's Social Security Officer (Inspector) who is also an active member of citehr will be able to tell you much about the procedure in detail.

From India, Kannur
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™