Hi
I have a new offer in hand and applied for resignation but present company which I am working is negotiating and agreed to give the salary hike (% of hike is also confirmed by manager) which was ok for me. But when asked for written confirmation, manager says the confirmation would come in form of letter in the month of July (appraisal cycle).
Here the question is, Does any company give the written confirmation? or Just to take chance and go ahead with oral confirmation itself?
Regards,
Vamsi

From India, Hyderabad
Dear Mr. Vamsi
I believe you are the right person to judge that because it is your company
and am sure you must be knowing about the commitments they give/make.
But i also believe that if you've already given the resignation its better you proceed to the new company because
a. you would have already made up your mind for the new setup.
b. even if you stay back, after a few months you might think otherwise.
These are just suggestions, pls dont mind if they are not in line with your expectations.
With Warm Wishes
Sandeep Janardhanan

From India, Madras
Hi
Is that you were leaving the job for money? If yes, then just move on as staying back after resignation is not a good thought, they in all likelyhood will honor their word by giving in wiritng when they give the apprisal, but the relatiosnhip may be strained or rather not same as it was- which may then bother you later
IF money was not the criteria then there are no second thoughts. So in any case if you have an offer and have resigned - just move on in life with confidence
Here I see you confidence dwindling.
Cordially,
preet

From India, Bangalore
Dear Vamsi, I can suggest you just move on to your new commitment rather than staying back. Just an advice rest up to you. Regards, Kapil
From India, Jamnagar
Hi,
The same situation faced by one of my friend six months back and his Boss said he will increase the salary upto his expectation in April.
When he got appraisal letter just 2 days back the actual change was somthing else and he is not satisfied with it al all!!!!!!!!!
I would suggest arrange to get atleast an email from your Boss.
Hrishi.

From India, Pune
Dear Vamshi First you do analysis on your seniros and your company. My suggesation, if the offer is good then ask for a letter. If they don’t give take wise decision. Regards Murali
From India, Hyderabad
Dear Vamshi,
You decide whether you are moving because there is no job satisfaction or salary, If it is purely due to salary, as your manager committed, you know about him- decide also call back the experiences from the ex collegues of the company. If it due to job satisfaction, then go ahead with the new job
All the Best,
Thanks and Regards
S.Padmanabhan

From India, Selam
dear mvvamsi,
I think the best you can do is to choose any of the option and show the courage to stand by it....be ready for sacrifices...because no pains no gains...dont try grabbing 2 things with same hand..

From China
Take cmmitment in writing regarding increase in July and move forward to join. Narendra singh
From India
If you feel that your employer will keep up his words, do not insists for written confirmation.
Considering your importance, mgmnt can treat u as a "special case" & issue you a letter out of turn. Also consider that this should not lead unpleasant situation for other or similarly placed workers/employees.

From India, Tiruchchirappalli

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.


Please Login To Add Reply →






About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server