Hi Pinky,
My best advice that you should ask her give compliant to Human right commission.
why i am telling you that, Because he is senior and had ten year service.If you approach to management they cannot take any action on that.it is eye wash.
better you do what above said.

From India, Bangalore
hi Pinki,
You should have a one on one conversation with the lady as well as the senior employee. meanwhile check their previous records and references, Check with the team members who are working along with them. Collect the facts together and make a case of the allegation. Take it on writing from the lady and the team members and ask them the sign the case study.
In case the allegations are true , then you should have a meeting (known as enquiry) with this senior employee and a team comprising of HR Head, Top most executive who should be neutral from both sides. The discussion should be based only on facts and once the allegations are proved true, you can ask the senior employee to sign his conduct. Once this done you can terminate the employee.
if it is otherwise, (i.e the lady has given the false allegation) then again you can take the similiar steps and terminate the lady.
Hope this clarifies.

From India, Madras
hi dear, first of all if you r really working in industry than handle it very carefully.
you should go through the records of seniour person and collect more information from other employee about his behaviour . before taking any action you should got written explanation from female employee than discuss abt whole with top Personnel or HR . you should set up domestic enquiry and according to result you should take proper disciplinery action...............according to the standing order of urs company.......................

From India
Hi Pinki,
Since the matter is sensitive coz a senior person is involved with this issue, so first u take a written statement from the lady employee then ask the male employee as to why not action should be initiated against him and take his statement also,pls set a enquiry on it , if the senior person is found guilty, immediately take hard disciplinary action against him or suspension pending enquiry. If the lady employee's statement is false then also take suitable action against her, but don't get it materlised.

From India, Jamshedpur
Any unwanted or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favours and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individualís employment, causes unreasonable interference with an individualís work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.
From India, New Delhi
Dear Pinki,
This type of problem is prevailing more and less many organisation but some of problems comes out and many are hidden.As you described here that in your organisation this problem is existing. To prevent this situation you should come forward to explain the fact before the top management with the help of other senior female employees. Recently in Indian gazette a bill comprising of it has been passed. So come forward to stop this type of evil behavior from our working society.

From India, Jamshedpur
Sexual harassment complaints must be dealt with utmost care and concern. Under the revised law, if the lady opts to lodge a complaint with the police arrests are imminent bringing disrepute to the organisation you work for. As an HR professional what you must do is to set up a Internal Complaints Committee under new Sexual Harassment Act 2013 (under the Vishaka guidelines) which should have at least four members, half of which should be women. One of the women members should be from outside (ideally somebody who works in an NGO or for women's rights etc). Every organisation needs to have such a Committee all the time. Women can approach the Internal Complaints Committee directly, and if, by chance, the complaint has come to the HR, it is recommended that you route it to the Committee. The Committee depending on the seriousness of the charges/allegations will make appropriate and collective decision.

This is what law mandates, and I am sure, this will also aid the HR professionals in such unpleasant situations, particularly when senior people are involved in the allegations.


From India
I agree with almost all of the responses. But in practice if the incident has not been witnessed by anyone, then it becomes a case of ones word against the other. Obviously one of them is lying and is doing it well. But how do you decide who is lying? Who do you take action against?

From India, Mumbai
what is the due date of submission of POSH act return
From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server