I read many content on non esi sites and on esi sites. ESI site has many data very dated. I have sepcific questions as following, where I seek your advice or pointers
1. If an employee's family member already enrolled in ESI and the employee is covered under that enrollement, do we still need need to deduct ESI contribution from the employee's salary?
2. Similar to above, what if we have husband & wife both working with us and eligible for ESI, do we need to deduct contribution from both salaries?
3. If answers to any of above is NO? Does that apply to employer's contribution too?
4. What is the Wage Limit for ESI's applicability. I read many numbers on web highest read was 10000 Rupee and month. Do we have any ammendment to it?
5. If anwer to above is YES, what is the amount and where ESI Corp is publishing them
Thanks in advance,
From United States, Memphis
1&2: YES: They are to be covered and both the contributions are to be paid.
3. Not applicable in view of replies to 1 &2.
4. Wage ceiling raised to 15,000/-p.m. from 1-5-2010. The notification is available in ESI website: ESIC - Headquarters' Office From India, Hyderabad
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.