Amit_goyal_2002
Sap Hr Professional
Amitmhrm
Hr Practices
Shish
Consultant
Anjali Singh
H R Executive
Dhruv Rakha
Employee Relations
+1 Other

Hi Frnds, Greetings! Can anyone help to calculate ESIC. How it would be calculated if the CTC is 10,000K , is there any specific formula to calculate in spreadsheet, if any anyone have this pls. send me. I really need this.
Thanks, Soma
28th March 2007 From India, Mumbai
Hi,
ESIC is deducted for the ppl whose Gross is 10,000 or below (be clear tht it is deducted on gross & not CTC. ESIC is calculated @ 6.75%, Employer's contribution being 4.5% & Employee's contribution being 1.25% of the total.
Hope this information helps you.
Bye...
29th March 2007 From India
Dear
I have seen the contents for ESI purpose,in this regard I would like to state that the employees getting Gross Salary 10,000/- or below are entitle for ESI benefit. You have to deduct 1.75% from employee contribution & 4.75% from employer's contribution a total of 6.50% to be deposited with ESI on a specific challan with State Bank of India other banks mentioned for this purpose.
with regards
Shish
Delhi
29th March 2007 From India, New Delhi
Hi,

Shish is absolutely right. Total ESI contribution is 6.50% of the Gross Salary. All those employees who are getting Gross salary upto Rs 10000/- per month (Effective from 01 Oct 2006. Earlier the limit was Rs 7500/- per month)

have to be covered under ESI. Out of this 6.5%, 1.75% is employee's share and 4.75% is employers share. An employer has to fill up the ESI challans every month and submit the challan to the State Bank of India's branch alongwith the contribution cheque. Cheque has to be drawn in favour of State bank of India ESI account. The challan should be submitted latest by 15th of every month. For collecting the receipt of the Challan an employer has to again go to the same SBI branch after a week's time.

The formula is: Employees' Share- Gross Salary x 1.75/100

Employer's Share- Gross Salary x 4.75/100

Total ESI contribution= Employee's Share + Employer's Share

Note: Gross Salary= All the monthly cash components (Inclusive of incentives)

Should you need any further clarification dont hesitate to ask.

Amit Goyal
29th March 2007 From India, Delhi
Hi Soma,
Shish and Amit are very correct, Earlier the ceiling for ESI contribution was 75oo/- gross salary but now it is 10000/- gross salary.
And the employee contribution is 1.75% of gross salary whereas
employer's contribution is 4.75% of gross salary.
And the total contribution is 1.75+4.75=6.5 %
Hope now it is very much clear with you.
Regards,
Amit Seth.
29th March 2007 From India, Ahmadabad
Hi,
ESIC is applicable for employees whose monthly salary is below 10k. In this employee's contribution will be 1.75% and employer's will be 4.75% and total of 6.5% from the gross salary.Cheque has to be drawn in favour of State bank of India ESI account every month before 15th.
Regards,
Sowmya
29th March 2007 From India, Bangalore
Hi All,
Do we have to calculate ESIC seperately for both Gross salary & incentives i.e 1.75% employee contribution & 4.75% employer contribution.
Because if we consider incentives (which can be variable) to be a part of Gross salary as mentioned by Mr Amit Goyal then the salary might vary on a monthly basis & become more than 10000 pm.
Please suggest. Thanks
Also, incase ESIC is deducted for 1 month & the salary is appraised above 10000 pm ESIC would continue to be deducted for 6 months.
Regards
D
29th March 2007 From India, Ludhiana
Hi,
In case the ESI contribution is paid for the first month of the contribution period and it crosses the limit of Rs 10,000/-, the said employee will remain to be covered under ESI for the complete 6 months. So what do companies, which pays the variable incentives, do is that they keep a apart of the incentive with them and pay it on quaterly basis to the employees as quaterly incentive which does not attract ESI. This exercise is done just to keep employees' salary below 10,000/-.
Amit Goyal
29th March 2007 From India, Delhi
Hi,
In case the ESI contribution is paid for the first month of the contribution period and it crosses the limit of Rs 10,000/-, the said employee will remain to be covered under ESI for the complete 6 months. So what do companies, which pays the variable incentives, do is that they keep a apart of the incentive with them and pay it on quaterly basis to the employees as quarterly incentive which does not attract ESI. This exercise is done just to keep employees' salary below 10,000/-.
Amit Goyal
29th March 2007 From India, Delhi
Hi Dhruv, I forgot to clarify one of ur doubts. No, ESI is not calculated separately for Incentives. It is calculated all together for salary and incentives. Amit Goyal
29th March 2007 From India, Delhi
Thanks a ton Amit. What we do is we consider Gross Salary & incentives as 2 different components & contribute towards ESIC on both these components separately. Regards D
29th March 2007 From India, Ludhiana
Dear Mr. PBSKUMAR, Cud u pls. tell me on which date u had posted ur topic 'ESI Return made easy'. If u let me know the date then it would be easir to find ur topic. Regards, Soma
3rd April 2007 From India, Mumbai
Hey Hi!
The information on ESIC is very helpful. The formula to calculate ESIC is mentioned but can you please give an example with gross salary of 10000/-. So it is more easier to understand.
Thanks ,
Gloria
13th January 2010 From India, Pune
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)





About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™