Dear Frndz,
Can anybody help me, can management take action against who left the company without any prior notice and they have company property with them.
We issued the Appointment letter to Employees also, Can Management take any action against such peoples.
If can pls suggest me in this regards.

From India, Bangalore
Dear Krishna,
Yes. the company can take a legal action against that employee.
Company can first send a request letter to that employee and incase that employee does not respond to that letter, then the company can send him / her a warning letter stating that if the employee does not respond to that letter by handing over the company property then company has full right to go to civil court and then the company can issue him / her a civil court notice (only in worst circumstances / as a last parameter)....

From India, Mumbai
Dear Mr Krishna
You can definetely take a legal action against the employee under breach of employment contract. You should first give him notice and followed by the legal notice from your company's lawyer in case the employee did not respond to your notice

From India, Madras
Dear Mr Krishna
You can definetely take a legal action against the employee under breach of employment contract. You should first give him notice and followed by the legal notice from your company's lawyer in case the employee did not respond to your notice.

From India, Madras
As per the Supreme court, its said that "No Employee" can be bound by the Bonds & its the freedom of the employee to leave the org.
But in the case of standing orders between the company & employees like Training agreement / Deputation agreements only, employer will be at a upper hand. Only by accpeting the offer doent mean that employer can take legal act.
Bharath R
Employee Care Division
Cybernet Slashsupport

From India, Madras
Hi Krishna,
Definitly the campany can take the action on such people. first upon the company needs to send the letter in his residential address as per send if your offical records. one more notice required to send if non receipts of reply.
then after you can lounch the FIR as absconding staff with the belonging the company's assets. the company should provide the undertakung documents of assets handover for official use purpose.
Then the legal case stand fro such staff.

From United States, Marina Del Rey
I worked for one of the TATA group of companies in chennai. They gave me on-site to Belgium, before starting from india the HR head issued a letter were the salary was 3500 euro/month but when landed there they issue only 1000 euro as allowance and when i asked them they say the remaining is for house rent(which the company provided) when i said to them i can arrange for my own acc they did not agree. They asked us to sign a bond for 1 yr( for 6 months on-site). I signeed too. I worked day and night there, the manager was so arrogent, he took advantage of 1 yr bond. At the end of 5th month i returned to offshore.
I took 8 days leave and sent out an email to my manager that i am not feeling well. but even then when i returned to office they sacked me. They havent payed me the last 3 month salary, and my notice period money too. Its been already 2 months now. When ever i call them they reply that it would happen this week. Can you pls help me whether i can take any leagal action.?

From India
let me know the current status of the applicability of Mathadi Act to the factories in Maharashtra after the judgement of Supreme Court given in Oct, 09.
From India, Pune
All these are legal questions.. my advice is that one should consult their legal advisor for the appropriate law and actions. Legal actions by employer or employee are highly technical matter and naive advice will only hamper your case in litigation proceedings.
From India, Bangalore
No, i dont think management should go for the legal action for the left employee, simply deduct the amount from his full and final and thats all. if the amount is less than the recovery amount then as uswal send a HR person to his/her house and let him collect the same, that is also not possibile then simply send him/her a letter and mention that the company property should be handover with so and so date and faliing which the legal action could be initiated, if this is also not done then its a wrong choice / selection. but normally it does not happen in any case if the employee left the services the HR dept or the concenred take the responsibility of the company property, and the employee also knows that its company property so he will also not encourage this kind of thing if he/she wants to stay in the market, world id very small
From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server