Statutory Complaince/labour & Employment
In Hr Job
+1 Other

I didnt get the reliving letter from my last company and joined the other organization which is the client of my previous company client. In offer letter of my previous company there are some points like you can not joint the client and subsideries. I just got the legal notice through mail, stating that you have joined the client and you went without the reliving so you have breached the offer and you have to pay 1 lack rs.
My question is here, Can they send legal notice through mail? Can i join the new company as they are saying it is the client as per offer letter?
What to do in this case?

From India, Madras
Although there is no bar sending legal notices through mails, even recently judiciary is accepting legal notice through mails. but is always very difficult to prove the same. So better advisable to send legal notices through Regd/AD.
in your case wait for the legal notice through Regd/Ad and put that in dustbin, they cannot do anything.Cann't constraint you join a new job of your interest.

If your mail ID registred with your previous company they can send any information on your mail .But legal letter and Notice must be required the hard copy service and reciept on residance address and by hand the recieving. The Legally qualified person can send the legal notice on behalf of company.So do not worry make trust with current company only and avoid the previous company matter. And no need to pay anything them.
From India, New Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™