PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
AVINASH V RAO
Assessment Development Centers, 360 Df, Pms,
Training Design, Training Delivery, Succession
Outbound Training, Experiential Learning,
Use factoHR and automate your HR processes
Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.
AVINASH V RAODear Haritha, Greetings of the day! I can help you out with Competency Mapping techniques. Kindly contact me at 0-9632299066
From India, Bangalore
cannot believe you have started this project without mapping out what you actually needed to do!!
1. Review the job descriptions and identify the key skills needed for each job e.g. Communication skills, Negotiating skills etc
2. Use the web link below to see lots of great competences - each one has been mapped out according to ability - novice or expert.
3. Map the roles in the automobile company against the competences given in the link.
Following these 3 steps will ensure you have mapped out the key competences needed for each role and the degree of ability needed e.g. intermediate or expert etc.
In order to assess the employees
4. Set up a survey for each job using the free surveying software FREE: Unlimited online survey tool
5. Send one survey to the job holder asking them at what level they think they are currently for each key competency needed for the job e.g. For a job in Customer Services a key competency will be 'communication skills' and person A may complete the survey and see themselves as 'intermediate' in that skills
6. Send same survey to the line managers asking them to assess the skills of individual employees e.g. as manager of person A assessing their 'communication' skills, I see them as a 'novice'
7. Any gaps between the individual's perception of their own skills and their line managers perceptions of their skills is the 'skills gap'. This will identify the training courses that are needed to help the individual fill the gap.
From United Kingdom, Manchester
glamarouscan describe a mobile network company as a foreign direct investment? am doing thesis on mtn Zambia for my diploma 2 under abma uk. regards prince
Safeer HashmiHi Haritha,
Enclosed is the document describing the Process & Approach towards Organizational Competency Mapping.
I am sure the approach and models mentioned would be of some help.
Wish U Gud Luck :)
Safeer Hashmie| 9718349423
From India, Lucknow
thanks a lot for the data you have given. i have found the skills, knowledge required for the people in the work area. i even found the functions of the department too. my problem is, how to mapp these skills with the functions. every function need the skills that i found but they vary in the level(%). so what i did is, i prepared a matrix with functions on one side and skills, behaviors which i feel as competencies on the other side. each function is having some process and some people to do. so in understanding each step in the process and also each task in the job description of the people, i have given each point to the competencies and found the core and supporting competencies. the competencies that are having the maximum points i.e. the competency that is required many times and by many people and that focuses on the mission and vision of the organization is the core competency and the rest are suppoting competencies. now after finalizing the competencies, im defining the levels of each competency according to their work. e.g. manufacturing knowlede
L1-beginer- understand drawings, knowledge of process, usage of measuring tools etc
L2- doer- give suggestions in the process and drawings if their is any deviation
fianlly this will be checked and approved by the senior officials and then given to the employee for assessment and then training. my job is untill defining the levels.
thanks for giving the data. is the way that im doing is correct? your replay will help me a lot.
From India, Madras