Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Hardcore Administration

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Our company has taken office space, infrastruction, pantry service and manpower as officeboy and pantry boy from other company. Are we as a principle employer, responsible for labour obligations like ESI and PF? Or the service provider himself be principle employer for that staff? Kindly guide, as service prvoider does not deposit any ESI or PF for deployed labour. We get a consolidated amount bill without breakup. How can we approach contractor to fulfill these obligations.
kindly help.

From India
In the case of Office boy and Pantry labour engaged by another establishment you are the Principal employer. If your establishment is covered by PF and ESI, the outsourced employees should also be covered by ESI and PF. If the contractor does not possess any ESI and EPF registration of his own, you will have to give his employees ESI and EPF cover. As such it will become your responsibility to pay the ESI and EPF in respect of such outsourced employees. However, you can recover the sums paid by you from the contractor.

From India, Kannur
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™