AnuraadhaaHi, Is there any employees' uniform related policy and rules that industries follows ? Please let me know if any.. Regards Anuraadhaa
From India, Pune
PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Doctor Siva Global Hr
Lead Hr & Admin
Yes definetly every company should have certain rules and regulations. A policy should be made and keep update for future references.
1. When any employee given a uniform, first thing the eligibility (who is going to be included). Like Grade / Cadre.
2. when he will be eligible (after 1 month of joining or six months of joining)
3. If the employee leaves the organisation, how much money are going to deduct from the employee (with in 6 months or 12 months). There will cost involved for the company.
4.Nature of job of each employee is to be evaluated. Its very important.
5. When you will issue a uniform. To whom you issue. In each year how many pairs you will issue.
6. If a employee lost or torn uniform, what will be the procedure.
7. Any agreement with employees individually or unions about uniform.
8.Last but not the least, how much money (budget) the employer ready to spend on it.
From United Kingdom, London
piyushucan a sample policy be shared....so that it is clear that what all aspects are cosidered for framing a policy .......
From India, Delhi
chakrabartymanashiDear All, Can a sample Uniform & Leave policy be shared....so that it is clear that what all aspects are consider for framing a policy ....... Thanks & Regards Manashi
From India, Vadodara
Saumil AroraCan someone share a uniform policy along with the penalties if it is not being followed by employees
From India, Pune
biren-dash1hi, I need a sample uniform policy of Indian industry. If available with any body please share me.
From India, Morvi
As far as Uniform Policy is concerned I reply the general practice in Manufacturing Sector as below:
- Newly acquired Talents are to give their Uniform Measurement to the HR before joining and on the day one the initial sets of Uniform will be issued to the Talent on the day of joining
- The Day One includes Joining Report by the Talent who need to present himself in Company Uniform
- Every year 3 Sets of uniform is provided to all Talents irrespective of level in the organization
- All Talents to wear the Uniform all days except Saturdays & Sundays (These days considered as Colour Formal Wear Days)
- The Cloth is purchased in bulk by company and provided to the pre-assigned tailor shop
- The Tailoring Vendor Team takes measurement in the Campus by pre-announcement to Talents by way of notices, e-mails and WhatsApp communication
- During Meetings, In-House Meetings, Client Visits and Meetings, Customer Visit the Uniform is compulsory on all days including Saturdays and Sunday
- Uniform so provided has to be maintained / washed and pressed in good manner by the Talent on their own ( or some companies giving washing allowance)
- Any additional sets of Uniform not exceeding 2 additional sets will be provided on request but on actual cost basis during any financial year
- The Talent not wearing uniform for the first time is advised with a letter / second time is warned with a letter / third time in a year is severely warned and if continuously not adhering to wearing of Uniform more than 3 times in a year his increment is withhold for one year unless otherwise there is a valid / acceptable explanation given by talent to his Head of the Department and HR Representative jointly and the decision is subject to the discretion of the Management
- Further, if specifically advised by HOD and HR jointly that a Talent is a defaulter continuously and not adhering to Uniform on working days during working hours, he will not be permitted to board on the company vehicle provided for transpiration and also will be debarred from attending any club/ engagement activities. Further actions on the Talent will be taken in line with Standing Orders or Code of Conduct as applicable to the Talent
- If any Talent leaves the Company within 6 months of issue or uniform, then 50% of the cost of material and tailoring charges will be recovered from such Talents.
- The budget for the Uniform for the material cost and Tailoring Charges are apportioned to each department or Unit or Location based on the number of Talents for all budgeting and cost monitoring purpose
- Any Change of the Uniform for any year will be jointly decided by the Business Head + HR Head+ Commercial Head and Finance Head and all the members has to agree for any change and even if one member is not in agreement to change and color or material type then the decision will not be implemented and old uniform will be continued for that year
- All purchase and tailoring agencies will be fixed by Commercial by adhering to the vendor evaluation and other commercial process in strict sense.
Hope this helps to some extent to the Poster
Thanks and God Bless,
Dr P.SIVAKUMAR Ph.D.(HR)
From India, Chennai