Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Technical Sales Expert
Software Engineer
Agri. Engineer Manager
+5 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I have been working with a consulting firm for last 4 months.When i joined them one of my colleague left the firm saying that his 3 months salary was due,after that couple of other colleagues also left with the same reason,But None of them demanded their salary from the employer because they believed that its impossible to get the salary from him.This has been a tradition in the company by his CEO to hire people let them work for 2-3 months and than remove them without giving their salaries.In the beginning i thought it might not be repeated with me,but i was wrong.For almost 3 months he did not pay my salary and kept on giving different kind of Excuses.At last i decided to leave but i asked him to clear my dues,He gave me a post dated check for just 1.5 months of salary.Which has bounced back today.I do not want to keep quite on this matter like others because he is continuously spoiling the career of many freshers by giving them Lucrative offers in the beginning and than spoils amny of their precious months.What should i do?
From India, Hyderabad
Dear Shravasti,
You can approach labour office of your area and explain your problem first verbally and then in writing. However, you need to prove that:
a) You are employee of that organisation
b) Your attendance records to claim your monthly payment.
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
do one thing...give a police complaint first....and warn your employer that u will also move to labour court if he doesnt clear ur dues..
i hope he will clear off ur dues with a police complaint of cheating and fraud..

From India, Hyderabad
Pl. approach the labour department immediately as you have a cheque with you. you brief every thing to them and if possible obtain the contact nos of all the employees who left and didn't get their salaries. Submit a written complaint by attaching a copy of the cheque given to you.
Continously follow up with Labour department, I believe they will take it up failing whcih you can approach a lawyer who is expert in dealing wiht labour cases.
Thanks and regards - kameswarao

From India, Hyderabad
first try to collect as many as documents which you could get like appointment letter, salary slips or any letter etc. if you dont have any documents with you, then also you can file a case with labour department in your area just with a simple complain on plain paper. the labour inspector has to report to the premises also issue notice to the company within a week or so. if u are based in delhi i can help you as i am an advocate dealing with labour laws and taxes
From India, Lucknow
Approach immediately Labour Department with a regd a.d. letter alongwith one letter to be deposited personally, and send one letter to your employer u/s.138 of Negotiable Instrument Act for not honouring the Cheque. It is a criminal offence, and also clear all your dues and a demand list of your dues i.e. EL,CL.Bonus, ex-gratia etc.

From India, New Delhi
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your reply...I am glad to see that i am not alone, there are so many who think i am correct.As a document proof i have my offer letter,and that bounced cheque.My employer does not give salary slip and he has nothing like attendence register.I talked to a lawyer,who suggested me to talk to my employer first,before filling a case.When i called him up saying that i am going to the police and law he told he will make the payment which would be 1 and half months salary and rest of the salary he will pay later.For that he is asking me to give back that dishonoured cheque and collect the cash in person.

I dont really wish to collect the cash as it might lead me to some trap.And apart from that i some how want to spread awareness about his frauds because now to generate money from his business he is giving franchisee by taking 50k from innocent people who wish to be an enterprenuer.At the same time everyday he is hiring more and more freshers by giving them false hopes and promises.

Suggest me as to what should i do so that i can stop him?I know i will get my money back but how to bring his face infront of the world??

From India, Hyderabad
Severe Punishment should be taken on such an employer. and should seal his all business as he is playing with ignorant, aspiring co. workers. without any basic human understanding. Better take help from Rotract, or lions club or media channels.
From India, Mumbai
I has been working with technical support company(Mytech it solutuions pvt.ltd.).They did'nt give the salary for last 3 months.i went to home on 18th may because of my grandpaa,he is no more. so when i came back to the office ,the company has shutted down .and when i called them and asked for salary then they told me we are not able to pay you.so what should i do to teach them a lesson. i don't want salary but i have to teach them a lesson...
From India, Delhi

During my 2 years of tenure with Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Pvt Ltd, I realised this soon that the HR Department is not very knowedgeble, However, when I saw the newly hired HR Manager, that was shocking. Forget professionalism, she doesn't even know how to dress.
Well, I'm not here to discuss her.
My issue is- I resigned from the organisation asking for letting me leave in 45 days (instead of 90 days, notice period) and I was ready to pay the appropriate amount (as a notice period buy out.) This 'resignation email' was accepted by my Manager and he 'responded' mentioning my last day after 45 days of notice.
So, Everything was well and good, until the HR manager intervened and asked me to serve full 90 days notice period.

Since, after the acceptance of my Manager, I moved ahead with the joining date and other formalities with my new organisation and everything was setup, I was not in a position to postpone my last working day in Bureau Veritas. I tried scheduling meeting with the HR etc to discuss this, however they were least bothered about it and avoided me.

Now, after the completion of 45 days (50 days to be exact) I sent my 'GoodBye Email' and submitted all the assets back to the Organisation (Laptop, Blackberry Phone, Airtel Dongle, headphones etc) and also, took confirmation on an email.

Now, Its been 2 months, since I left the company, and they are not ready to pay my 'FnF' and 'Relieving letter.'
I wrote them email, however, they consider this as an absconding case.

I have all the Emails as a proof of my Resignation noitice, Resignation Acceptance, Company Asset submission etc.
So, now I plan to send a Legal Notice (f which I have already warned the HR.)
Please suggest, what else I can do to get my money and documents back asap, with an apology from HR for Mental harassment.

From India, Gurgaon

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™