You can design some appreciation certificates and trophies for them. Also, it would be good if you invite their immediate families like spouse/father/mother/ in Laws to the award ceremony and felicitate them, the employee morale will be high and the employee will be motivated and feel respected of his/her work.
From India, Indore
I really suggest you to have a pillar picture of the person who had been performing well. Again you shall cote him/her with certificates, gift coupons, dinner vouchers, recognition papers, verbal bay appraisal, a word of honor from the CEO desk, Family greetings, etc
From India, Bangalore
It is good to bring out quality people thorugh qulity appraisal,Try to design your quality objective as continious process.After final process you can award with a good ceritficate signed by Top of the pyramid.Allow him a photo with them and a good trophy.The objective of your entire progaramme always in line to inspire other peers to get award in next days.facilite them bu giving any study prospects in line with ur business.
From India, Hyderabad
There are some excellent suggestions given by members. I would like to add a few more to it.
- Formulate a policy and ask departmental heads to provide the standards. This is to be circulated to all employees so that the benchmarks and assessment policy is clear to all.
- Ensure that the policy is not skewed in favor of an exceptional candidate. One way to do that is to state that no one can get the award consecutively.
Appreciation and Rewards
- Use all means of communication to ensure that the appreciation and reward is wide spread. That is a sure means of motivating the employee and the colleagues to aspire to win the award. Use the notice / bulletin boards, the internal email system and your website to publicize the awards. If you have a house magazine give the ceremony adequate coverage in that too.
- A memento and certificate are a must. Be creative in choice of memento - it can be a small plaque and a book / sliver coin / an ipod / a pendrive / a photo frame etc.
- Depending on what scale you have the award function you can have close family members being invited for the event. Arrange for a suitable photo shoot and a possible video shoot so that the employee can upload it on youtube.
- At the award function you can have a superior, a subordinate and a different departmental head say a few words about the award winner.
Trust these suggestions will help you revamp and redesign the system more effectively.
In case you are interested in some Motivational and Inspirational material, with practical tips on implementation in daily life I invite you to visit the following blogs
www.actspot.wordpress.com - Daily Blog
www.poweract.blogspot.com - Weekly Blog
From India, Mumbai
1.You will have to take into consideration/confidence all the persons who are effected by this quality program.In fact any QP should involve EVERYBODY in the organization.
2. You must examine if senior persons in the management cadre upto the Very Big Boss is committed for the QP or is it just a lip service. How much interest are they showing in these kind of activities? Are they "walking the talk" or not?
3. To beat the blues -- initial effective communication to all must be given about the QP and very clearly told "what is in it for them"(because people are the only vital assets).
4. Every QP has pro's & con's as you said, you will have to critically do some serious thinking and research what are the good things that the QP has and what are the things that are not working.( akind of SWOT analysis). Try to work your way thru the strenght,and making a effort to reduce the short commings or circumventing the short commings.
From India, Delhi
redesign the complete process is actually a tough thing to do but yes it requires as there should be change .
Best answer is that you can ask your employee about what type of reward or what are things that they require so that they can perform very well try to use the expectation theory and then see the type of respone they give you and then try to analysis and desgin the structure as per there requirment as they are the one who are involved and should get the rewards . try this its tough but then you get the correct answer and a permanent solution.
From India, Hyderabad
Irrespective of the type of industry U r in, there are some generic ways to appreciate Quality efforts (be it individuals or groups). A proactive measure is to take the reward to the employee's home and hand it over in front of his family members(or friends in case of employees staying without families). This will not only boost the morale of the employee but also bring in some sense of belonging to the family members. The organization gains a lot of goodwill in the process.
If the employee's birthday / anniversary is close by, then encash on the occasion.
Thanx and Regards,
From India, Kochi
U seem to be looking for quick fix.
The quality champ programme is to be top driven and every should know that managemnt wants it that way.Just rewards and certificates wont help .Please mAKE IT JOSH PROGRAMME AND START FROM MISSION STATEMENTS and show the way
From India, Coimbatore