PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Learning & Teaching Fellow (retired)
Vice President - Hr/hcm/people Success
Training, Motivational Speaker, Writing,
Use factoHR and automate your HR processes
Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.
MahrDear Jyothsna Rani,
Please do use the search tab before you post anything. There are loads of information in this community. Anyway do find the attachment. Hope this will help you. If still you need more, do message me..
From India, Bangalore
At the outset let me congratulate you for the initiative in starting some employee engagement activity. You will find many suggestions on here and on the citehr in general, which I am sure you can adopt and adapt. In addition feel free to give ample scope to your own creativity and that of your colleagues.
Here are few suggestions from me.
1. You can use the notice board and your internal email, to broadcast the initiative. Have a theme of the month and let the posts be related to that theme and ensure that at least 50% of the material is updated weekly. Encourage your colleagues to contribute, but try and ensure that the material is different an unique.
2. The material can include - paintings, posters, photographs, news items, contributions from family members particularly children etc.
3. You can run a monthly contest with a token prize for the best contribution weekly / monthly etc. To get involvement and to motivate the staff, appoint 3- 5 different staff members as judges each month.
4. To make it more participative you can explore possibilities of making a particular department in charge of the board contributions / the games and the other activities for a particular month
5. You can even put up and / or seek contriubutions from employees on inspirational material maybe blog posts, recommend youtube links, run an awareness campaign on global warming, environmental protection etc.
There could be numerous recreationalactivities like games/ quizzes/ artisitic activities etc and I am sure you will be able to expand on my suggestions/ ideas!! Please also note that initially you will find it difficult to get contributions but don’t give up in frustration. Your enthusiasm must be infective enough to get the others catch the idea bug and contribute.
You are also welcome to visit my daily and weekly blogs listed below for more inspirational and motivational content.
www.actspot.wordpress.com - Daily Blog
www.poweract.blogspot.com - Weekly Blog
www.actspot.com - Website
From India, Mumbai
Bob GatelyHello Jyothsna:
"I would like to conduct some Employee Engament activities for my Department.
Please suggest some team builiding activities or any fun activities."
Team building and employee engagement are not the same thing.
Employee engagement is the reward for management doing all things correctly.
From United States, Chelsea
Bob has hit the "nail on the head". So many mistake Employee Engagement is achieved by Team Building activities. It is far from the truth. Please see The Performance Improvement Blog: Employee Morale in the Time of Recession
Have a nice day
A retired academic in UK
From United Kingdom
Jyothsna RaniDear Jacob,
Thank you so much for he information and the sites very useful, informative and motivating. I will certainly take benefit in using my employee engament activities for my department.