The consultant is based in Singapore also has a branch in chennai, last month i had an interview in chennai and got the job offer.

The reason for not joining is:

I am an civil engineer My current job is in managerial position at new airport my duties were supervising complete airport related construction, i am happy with my current employer and exploring for better opportunities which will enhance my career.

pay is not the only thing i am looking forward, i am not satisfied with the responsibilities the new job is offering, of course pay is slightly higher which i am getting from the current employer, i have worked on big projects whereas the new company which i was about to join is a sub contractor and the project they are handling, will be completed in short period i worry about my job after the project completion, i have family and responsibilities, i don't want to put my job at stake or else i will be in deep trouble. so i have decided to continue with my current employer, i am working since last ten years with my current employer.

since last week the consultant is forcing me to join the new job or else he is threating me he will inform current employer.

he told me or else you pay me 15% of annual ctc (my annual ctc with the current employer will be around 16 lakh rupees) i will not inform you current employer.

i am afraid if i don't pay he will inform my current employer and i will lose my current job

please suggest what should i do. i am very much worried.

your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks & Regards

M. faiz ahmed

email:[email protected]

From India, Hyderabad
Customer Care
Hi Md Ahmed,
I am too younger to suggest you but still feel some concern which you are in trouble,
I suggest the decision which you have taken is not wrong, Its very good that you are loyal to your employer even thou you are getting good offer outside in market,
Let the consultancy take any action they want, there will be no harm in resp to your job,
You have servered for 10 yrs in ur current comp, so its not that easy to terminate u after they get any news from orphan consultancy,
Keep faith in god & keep working hard as u did uptill now.
Good Luck for your future assignments,
Take care,

From India, Mumbai
Dear faiz,
Dont worry, nobody will spoil your life. dont pay anything to that consultant, if they called to your HR also not a problem, u r attended the interview and u got the offer, but you are not ready to join. it is not an issue. dont take serious boss.
Thanks & Regards

From India, Mumbai
I am too younger to suggest you but still feel some concern as you are in trouble,
I of all if u are working since last 10 years then y u suddenly want to change.and second thing i believe before going for the interview you was aware of the whole Job Profile ,after that only u had decided to give your interview.

if u say that with out knowing the JD u went for the intrvw that not acceptable.
I can understand yr state of mind as well as the condition of the consultant

I m not taking his side but yes your this act is a sign of irresponsibility & u had wasted your time as well as yr consultant & that new Company.

But yes now if you really wish to save yr job then i think u must tell your Boss regarding this clearly that u gone for the interview although selected but not found that company so good as yr present organization is far better.

If u dn't say the truth that consultant will try to blackmail u so b bold and say the truth in a decent manner to yr management and i m sure as you are the older employee they will trust u.

Hope you would not mind my comments

Priya Arora
New Delhi

From India, Delhi
HR Consulting, Legal, IT Services, Finance,Management Systems Certification and Audit
Dear Ahmed,
Please email me on . I will help you. Don't get harassed and don't loose your patience.
Please also consider the pain that the consultant has gone through. It is very difficult for consultants to bear offer dropouts or credit notes once a candidate leaves in the specified period. You would have taken a right decision as per your situation but the consultant has invested a lot of time and money in this process.
Thank you
9 Associates

From India, Pune
It is your right to join or not to join but you responsibility towards the consultant. Please explain the circumstances for not joing and feel sorry as the consultant has invested time and money on you.

From India, Bhopal
Dear Mr.Ahmed,
I would strongly recommend you to stick to the fact that being honest will not harm you. You havent committed a sin, its just you have exercised your liberty tio look elswhere. As said before be a bit gutsy to express the situation to your boss in as simnple and clear manner as possible.
I am sure it would not be easy for your employer to ignore the sincerity behind this predicament.
Hope something works out for you

From United Kingdom, Warwick
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™