The best thing to display on the board is the periodical appreciations of the staff members. This will help them and others boost their motive and perform further better. Appreciation displayed so prominanently is always the best motivator. You can also put a big poster of photograph of the entire team (if it is not too big and there may not arise ego issues due to not inclusion of some)
Other things you can display is your company mission, vision, core purpose, values etc. You can display any certifications, awards your company has won or some best feedbacks received from your customers. You can also display the graphical pictures of the company progress etc.
But note the most important and prominent should be the first thing (of employees) as they are the key resource for the company growth and future.
From India, Pune
Muthu Lakshmi1)You can place a notice saying that the notice board will be used by you from now onwards.
2)You can place thought for the day.
3)You can place birthday notice for the employees those who are celebrating their birthday
4)Any decision that was taken by the top management provide the top management think that it should be conveyed to the employees also
5)If any employee gets promotion also can be displayed by saying congratulation to them
6)Any public holidays that was considered as holiday by your concern can be displayed that the particular day was holiday
7)Any informative thing like new technology invention,general knowledge information, any thing it could be which will be helpful to the employees can be displayed
8) you can also display notice regarding any vacancy in your concern. People who are all read that notice can give suggestion
Muthu Lakshmi - HR
From India, Bangalore
Office Notice Board (Bulletin Board) may be used for one or more of the following
- For official announcement of Events, Meetings,
- Formal Announcements of Shifts, List of Holidays, etc.
- To put up Greetings Messages-Birthdays, Festivals
- Inform Lost & Found Articles
- As a creativity corner
- Important Newspaper Articles
- Photographs of Picnics and such other official events
- Common Invitation Cards for Wedding of Staff
It is important to note that any material put up on Bulletin Boards must be only after obtaining authorization.
Outdated materials should also be removed
From India, Mumbai
There have been many suggestions on here and on the citehr in general, which I am sure you can adopt and adapt. In addition feel free to give ample scope to your own creativity and that of your colleagues to make the bulletin board come alive and be vibrant. As a media company, I am sure there will not be any dearth of ideas, content and talent.
Here are few suggestions from me.
1.Have a theme of the month and let the posts be related to that theme and ensure that at least 50% of the material is updated weekly. Encourage your colleagues to contribute, but try and ensure that the material is different an unique.
2. The material can include - paintings, posters, photographs, news items, contributions from family members particularly children etc.
3. You can run a monthly contest with a token prize for the best contribution weekly / monthly etc. To get involvement and to motivate the staff, appoint 3- 5 different staff members as judges each month.
4. To make it more participative you can explore possibilities of making a particular department in charge of the board contributions for a particular month
5. You can even put up inspirational material maybe blog posts, recommend youtube links, run an awareness campaign on global warming, environmental protection etc.
There could be numerous such suggestions...and I am sure you will be able to expand on my suggestions/ ideas!! Please also note that initially you will find it difficult to get contributions but don’t give up in frustration. Your enthusiasm must be infective enough to get the others catch the idea bug and contribute.
From India, Mumbai
ramasuri_kalyaniYou can also put up greetings on the occassion of :
New year, Gudi Padwa, Dassera, Diwali.
- You can also display any achievements of employee's children like academic, sports, dance, essay writing in school/college.
- Good wishes on behalf of the Management - in case any of employee's children going abroad for higher studies.
From India, Hyderabad
Meena_HR ProfessionalYou can divide the notice into medical, technology,fun etc. and then accordingly pin up the articles on the notice board.
You can arrange for small competition using notice board such as suduko, clear vision etc.. etc...
Beside this you communicate to the employees regarding the talks, which you cannot directly impose such as
- No Gossip
- Smart Attire
- No Smoking etc...
From India, Hyderabad
u can add some news release which is imp for ur industry or any article on current changes of market which can affect ur business can b added. u can give this corner a name like "Industry updates" or anything else.
From India, Haldia
skgwarapiseperate your notice board into colums say using a ribbon, at the top of each column put a name of that colum eg. SHE for safety, health & Environment (it is in that colum where you are going to put SHE information like SHE policy, Fire fighting team etc). another colum you may call HR where you will put all HR info like routing symbols, internal telephone list etc.
From Botswana, Gaborone
Being in IT industry you can put some interesting facts related to technology
Believe it or not strange interesting facts
Simple and Crazy puzzles
Thought of the day
Useful tips ( health, beauty,daily life etc.)
Thank you notes, birthday wishes....
Fun trivia games
Special days reminder like world health day, women's day etc.
New HR policies that people should be aware of
Positive customer feedback. Employees will feel good having their accomplishments publicly recognized
Handy informations like area that highlights where to find great food or drinks (especially for those who are from out of the city)
You can try even sudoku in notice board
And one think to notice is ,change topics regularly to keep employees engaged.
Thanks & Regards
From India, Khopoli
suja-hiremathHi, Can you provide me the Statutory board format for our new Private Limited company Regards, Sujatha
From India, Kozhikode