I am in this field of Training for last years. On the basis of my experience I can share few things with your.
1) First of all , to gain a name in the industry of training, you need to keep on updating yourself with latest and organization specific programs.
2) In initial stages , you should concentrate only on one group of people like either, students or employees or open public etc.,
3) You need to very creative while delivering the program.
4) In training programs we have lots of data to be shared, you need to make sure that you don't bore your audience with more of text.
5) You also need to study your competitors as in every industry. Training Industry is booming like anything and you need to keep up with the pace.
6) As a trainer, lots and lots of patience is required. and you need to have good team of trainers to be successful,
Please let me know if you need anything else.
30th December 2009 From India, Hyderabad
I totally agree with Mr Madhav Reddy,further i would like to add, Selling of a virtual product is always difficult, your approach towards the client should always be open and should give the client only what they want and not confuse them with a lot of things.
Training is still not taken as a necessity hence the training institute should create an impact on the client in the first call (mail or meeting) so that they realize the importance and need for it. Your comments please
30th December 2009 From India, Pune