Senior Analyst - Talent Management
the profile usually fresher gets is a recruitment or a generslist profile.......
Summer training is a means of cheap labour for the company.......
and so you can get anything in HR as a profile...from doing surveys on Various Hr functions to live.
Learning happens in all......
4th February 2007 From India, Hyderabad
4th February 2007 From India, Ahmadabad
There are two things that I would like to tell you -
1. Choose an area that interests you...I had chosen training (this was way back in 1999) as an area and got good exposure as I had developed some training modules which were used while I was still there at the organization. So it gave me a good insight into what training is about.
2. If you are given a topic that might or might not interest you, make sure that you still learn everything else about it. Also, use the two months of summer projects to get an insight into the dfifferent functions of HR. ASK QUESTIONS and trust me that will be a better learning.
5th February 2007
Summer training is an excellent opportunity to get insights into the real world.
As far "which topic to start with.."- well any topic could be good enough as long as it has enough width and depth.
Project which involves interaction with sizable numbers of internal employees across different levels and external professionals from other companies are very useful.
I can give you couple of examples of potentially useful projects:
- Desiging/Improving the performance Management System
- Conducting an Employee Satisfaction Survey followed by action research
- Salary & Benefits Survey
- Training Needs Identification
- Best practice study in employee engagement
Hope this helps.
5th February 2007 From India, Mumbai
First of all best of luck for training. You have chosen very important and challenging filled in which sky is the limit. As concern to summer training before selecting a topic you must conceder your interest, available resources, time duration etc.
According to me first of all you ask hr manager a work which adds value to organization (you must work on live project). There are many interesting emerging topic in HRM such as:
1. Role of hr manager in merger and acquisition.
2. hr manager and information technology
3. outsourcing of hr work
4. recent trends in requirement and retention techniques
Practical project (which are possible to complete in limited time duration)
1. training and development
2. job satisfaction
4. performance appraisal
6. industrial relation and labour related ( if you are in plant)
KULDEEP SINGH RATHORE
5th February 2007 From India, Hyderabad