Your issue is not absconding case. Absconding means any employee who left the organization without sending the resignation letter or not informing to any of the official in the organization. If the HR has send legal notice to you, revert it with copy of your resignation letter which was already sent to your Manager.
So your issue is that u have not completed the relieving formalities of the company.
Y.V.Madhava Reddy

From India, Hyderabad
Hi ,
This is upto your previous organisation's HR Dept ,what they will do or tell about you to the new company.I am also working in a Big MNC in Hr , i am also facing same cases but we never spoiled anyone's career we always used to give positive feedback. And about legal action you have to pay two months salary against non complition of notice period, for that you have to check what they have mentioned in your offer letter..

From India, Pune
Yo may like to send your previous employers the following letter under Registered Post & Email, immediately:



Dear Sir,

As you are aware that on account of some very personal reasons I could not continue in my present employment. Therefore I took the painful decision to resign from the services of the Company.

I submitted my resignation on.........and had requested for release from my duties with immediate effect. I had also indicated that I was prepared to pay to the Company, salary in lieu of the shortfall in the Notice period that has been stipulated in my Appointment Letter.

I hereby, once again request you to kindly accept my resignation and let me have a statement of my Full & Final Settlement. I once again reiterate that I am willing to pay to the Company money (as per terms of my Appointment Letter) to compensate for the shortfall in the prescribed Notice period.

I ernestly implore you to please consider my very reasonable request favourably and arrange to settle the matter of my release at the earliest.

Thankning You,

Sincerely Yours,


You may also tinker with the idea of finding someone local in India (at the location that you were while in employment with your previous employer) to take up the matter on your behalf with them and get the matter of your release expedited.

You could send all details of this transaction, copy ofyour Appointment Letter and the mails you have exchanged with your previous employer and of course a letter authorizing the concerned person to represent you, to any of the CITE Members and we could perhaps help you out.

You could contact me directly on my Mobile: 09717726667 or my landline 0124-2217579 or on my personal ID at .

I could surely help you with this matter.

Best Wishes,

Vasant Nair

HR Advisor

From India, Mumbai
Friend, Seek legal help for easy & effective resolution to your issues with ex-employer. Being in a foreign country , you should take the safer option. Take care, Sourav Mukherjee
From India, Bangalore
My name is Shilpa and am working in an MNC (Comp B) which I joined 3 months back. Before this I was working in an another company (Comp A) where I worked for more than a year and then decided to leave from there because I got a better opportunity. I had to join in Comp B at an earlier date before the last date in Comp A. Comp A refused to provide me the relieving letter if I dont serve the notice period completely. Now the problem was that I had to join Comp B two days before my last day in Comp A..I did not want to miss this opportunity to join in Comp B so I decided to leave Comp A without serving notice period fully (like 4 days before last date). Now as you know when I am joining a new company I need to provide them my relieving letter and Comp A did not provide me this. In Comp B I tried to explain this situation to them that I cannot submit this letter but they did not listen to me. Now in Comp B am asked to submit this letter and I dont have it. I want to tell the truth to them that I dont have it because I do not want to lie or make any fake experience letter and submit here as I may be blacklisted and get into serious problems.

From India, Chennai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server