Labour Laws & Ir
Kuljit Pal Singh
Legal Professional
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I will be grateful if anybody suggests me the procedure to get register as a principle employer as per The Haryana BOCW (RE & CS) Rules - 2005 & The Haryana Contract labour (Regulation & Abolition) Rules - 1973. Is single registration is valid for multilocation projects sites or each project site require separate registration. What is the registration fees and how to calculate it? To whom the application for registration will be submitted.

What is the procedure to make payment of labour cess as per The Haryana Building & other construction workers welfare rules - 1998. When cess will be paid - start of project activities or completion. How to calculate the cess amount to be paid and to whom it is to be paid.

From India, Gurgaon
You may see the office of area Deputy Director (Industrial Safety & Health) i.e. Factory wing of Haryana Labour Department for registration under BOCW Act, 1966 & other related queries.


From India, Delhi
Dear Friend,
After reading your query, i can only suggest that being a Principal Employer u need not to Register under BOCW Act.
Further, Yes u have to take different Registrations for different locations under Contract Labour Act.

From India, Vadodara
Dear Friends,

Sorry for late joining here. As most of are already clear about the registration under the CLRA, 1970, the legal position regarding registration under BOCW Act is as under:-

Let us look at the definition of employer S 2(i) of BOCW Act. Outrightly it says it is the owner and includes (i)....(ii).... (iii) where the work is done through a contractor, the contractor. So we must appreciate that by including contractor as employer, the owner is not excluded from the definition. And if we read the whole definition together in one go particularly (i), (ii) and (iii), we find that contractor is included in the definition of employer where in the case of government or local authorities, the work is not done by them but is done through a contractor. Hence, in case of private construction by a builder or private person, it is the owner who is to get the establishment under construction registered but in case of government, it is contractor, if any, who is to get the establishment under construction registered with the specified authority.

I urge the members not to be confused with the registration under CLRA and the BOCW. If applicable, registration has to be done for both depending upon the number of persons employed i.e. 20 or more in case of CLRA and 10 or more in case of BOCW.


Jacob Pratap

From India, Chandigarh

Hi All, Our construction work is going on at Gurgaon and we need a registration of BOCW. Can any one tell me the from where i could take this.
From India, Noida
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™