While welcoming you to this community, I would like to request you kindly intimate what exact type of minor improvement has been suggested by your consultant and on which aspect of the manual, i.e., with respect to .....
· a set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business; or
· monitoring processes to ensure they are effective; or
· keeping adequate records; or
· checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary; or
· regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness; or
· facilitating continual improvement
You may also like to intimate whether the manual had earlier been prepared with reference to which of the following versions of ISO 9001:
· 1987 version
· 1994 version
· 2000 version
A lot of difference can be noticed in the requirement of these vesrions. Until and unless these things are cleared it may not be possible to assess up to what extent the manual is actually required to be modified.
You may please like to make these points cleared by consulting with your consultant.
With best wishes
P S Dhingra
Vigilance & Management Consultant
Dhingra Consultancy Group
19th October 2009 From India, Delhi