In my organisation we have surplus manpower so that we are thinking to trannfer them from one department to one department with the same wages and we will change designation as per the department requirement.Is this procedure legal or not.
If in case an employee refuse to work in another department with the sam wages then, what kind of disciplinary action we have to take against them .Please explain .............................

From India, Delhi
hi pavani,
the companies have the right to transfer their employees to any other department or location. your organisation is good in that sense that they are sending out the surplus ones, but juggling them to departments, where vacancies are available.
tell the ones who object that they have a better alternative - out and unemployed. the employees should appreciate that they are getting transferred. maybe the right time to transfer the disgruntled ones (who are having problems in their departments or creating problems). before doing the transferring part, helps if you hold a meeting and tell the guys why and what you plan to do. they will then take it in their stride (it's management decision about telling the employees)

From India, Madras
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™