Let me first tell you that you can start a sole proprietorship firm without getting it registered , as there is no formal mention of this in company law. In a sole properitiership firm , the owner and the company is one. However, registration is possible and that will give you many benefits such as
1. Opening of bank account ( Current account)
2. Making your business name , a trademark
3. If you want to supply manpower to overseas , you will have to take approval from Ministry of external affairs and for that registration is mandatory.
4. Obtaining some sort of business loan. etc.
We are helping small businesses like you in getting sole proprietorship registration and adhering to other compliance. Our charges for the registration is Rs. 5000 ( inclusive of service tax). You will need following documents for the same-
1. 2 Photographs
2. Pan Card
3. Rent agreement ( if the premise is on lease)
4. No objection certificate from Landlord ( If the premise is on lease)
5. Address proof such water bill, electricity bill etc.
Time taken to complete the registration- 20 to 30 days.
22nd September 2009 From India, Chandigarh