Preparation for the global SHRM certification exams: SHRM CP and SHRM SCP →
Promoted: XLRI Executive Development Program In Human Resource Management
- A lack of ethics is currently a significant problem for the information systems field.
- Application development by end users is cost effective.
- Application service providers (ASPs) will cause the death of centralized IT in organizations.
- Artificial intelligence will dramatically change the skills and education needed for success in the business world.
- Censorship on the World Wide Web
- Computer crime is a major, largely undiscovered problem. Computer law is not adequate to handle computer crime.
- Computer crime is not a major problem. Computer law is adequate to handle computer crime.
- Computer viruses are a major threat to business information systems
- Computers should be used to monitor the performance of individual employees
- Human factors (ergonomics) have largely been ignored in the design of computer hardware and software.
- Mobile computing will be the next major movement in the computing industry
- Multimedia will become an important business information tool
- The paperless office is a mirage; computers will not make paper and pencil obsolete.
- Video conferencing will replace the majority of executive travel in business and industry.
- Work-at-home is advantageous for the employer
- The Open Source Initiative is good for business.
From India, Madras