Business Development, Employee Relations,
General Manager-hr
Legal Counsel
[email protected]
Branch Manager - Operations
[email protected]
Self Employed
Independent Consultant Transportation Logistics
Learning & Teaching Fellow (retired)
Raj Kumar Hansdah
Shrm, Od, Hrd, Pms
K C S Kutty
Labour Laws
Avani Bhatnagar
Manager - Training & Hr

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi All,

I am working as a manger for one developing consulting.Here I am running a team effectively and doing business developement.Now i am dealing with around twenty clients which i brought and there are 6 employees directly reporting to me and i am reporting to the managing director.

Last week I have given my resignation.The reason as follows.
Every monday we have a meeting.I used to be in my office 15 mins prior to office timings.But unfortunately due to sudden heavy traffic i became late and the meeting was started.When I tried to enter my director started shouting at me like any thing(he have high BP).I felt very bad as he asked me to leave the organisation if i dont want to continue.Suddenly i came out and i took the decision to resign.He accepted it and i am in notice now.
But next to next day he called me and tried convince me to stayback.And all of my employees here really requested me to stayback by arranging a meeting and with lots of sentiments.My personal feel is,if iam leaving this company at this time it will effect companys current productivity very badly.
I really dont know what to do now because everybody at every time requesting me.Now i am not interacting with the team officially as iam in notice.
And we have another director,he has not accepted my resignatin yet.
Nw i have two other offer with a better package.
Can anybody give better suggestions?
Should I leave or want to continue with the same package.
The offer which i got is comparatively a bigger group.


From India, Bangalore
Dear Mr.Vipin
A very good day.....!
Its a general concept that, never give space for emotions in your proffession and also never take a decision when you are emotional,never give promise when you are in happy mood.As a good manager and also as a good team leader you should not be reactive rather than proactive.
1st you hav 2 decide for what reason you want 2 leave the company,since he shouted @ u or because of your low package.
If package is the problem you are supposed to resign rather than consulting with your head.You can first request for the salary hike and if you are satisfied then you can leave.
If the reason for your resignation is beacuse of hot meet with you head,then you hav to think a lot....
My kind advice is to get compramised with your MD and go a head....

From Bahrain
Now you are in a position to negotiate a better package with your employer. If you are happy working for the firm then continue; if not take your chance with the other companies. Sometimes, it is better to continue with "The devil that you know" rather than go chasing "The angel that you don't", as the saying goes.
Best wishes
A retired academic in UK

From United Kingdom
Dear Vipin
By now you would have taken a decision.
May I know what was your decision/ the final outcome?
Most of the employees face similar situation. You may be able to advise others.
With best wishes

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Dear All,
I an interested to continue in the same position,where i have huge responsibilities to drive the business.But due to that incident suddenly i got a shock which i never experienced in my career.And also it was infront of my team members,that made me little frustrated.
Now everybody is coming to me for a stay back.Within a day i tried for anothe job and i got offer from comparatively an advanced company.
now decision is up to me.
1.Should I continue here with my lovable team
Can i go ahead with the other offer .
But in fact i am looking for a corporate environment where I was previously and not now.The new offer is also from a similar industry.

From India, Bangalore
Dear Mr. Vipin,
I have red the tihings happends unfortunatly, i would suggest to contiune the job if u have good reputation in that company provided u satisfied with ur salary package. if not pick the new offer if the offer is good.
T. Vignesh

From India, Pune
Dear Vipin,
I am of the opinion, that you have put your papers and the same was accepted by your director who shouted at you. Further you have also 2 offers which are much bigger firms and you will be in a comfort zone. Therefore it is better to leave the organisation on completion rathen then compromising with the present employer. After all nothing is permanent and the change is the only permanent. take things as it comes and I am sure fly high in your new assignment also, This will also send the message that you walk the talk. Your currrent employer also will not behave such a with any one in future.Atleast this will be the help your present colleagues.
wish you all the best
B ravichandiran:lol:

From India, Madras
Dear Mr.Vipin,
as per my concern, you stay with the same concern, because the management has understand their mistakes, in feature autimatically you will be getting better position in the same concern. you have a good team, so you can continue and enjoy the work and develop your concern, because so many works are depending you.
have a greatful day.

From India, Madras
I think you should quit and join in a new organisation. Because,
whatsoever may be the reason pointed to convince you to stay back,
the relationship is strained one. If they get a person better than you in
future, you will be sidelined and at that time, we cannot be sure
of the offers which you are having at present.
so accept the new offer if found suitable in all respects. Also please
take this incident as a lesson to ensure that there is no place for
emotion in your future endevours.
All the best

From India, Madras
Dear VIpin
Take a wise decission.You are leading a team and you have targets to it is a small Issue you please sit with your manager and discuss about the issue.definitely it will be solved.please don't take decission in emotion.
All the Best

From India, Hyderabad

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™