Hi Folks,
Pl provide the answers to the below mentioned queries.
Can the employee ask the employer to issue form16 incase he/she is filing the ITR of nil/zero amount?
Form16 can be issued only at the end of the financial year and not in the middle of the financial year. Is it correct? Pl reply
Suppose if the person joins some new company in the middle of the financial year and the new company HR asks for form 16 then what to do? Will Salary certificate suffice the needs and requirement of the HR Department.
Thanks & Regards

From India, Madras
The new company has nothing to with Form 16. Form 16 is a TDS certificate and not for a proof of CTC or the like
From India, Hyderabad
1. Form-16 is merely a financial statement by the employer regarding your income/deductions during the financial year. Hence, no matter, whether you are filing nil return or otherwise, Form-16 is to be issued and you
have every right for getting Form-16.
2. Employer has a right to ask for your form-16 to verify your claim of CTC.
3. If you join during the middle of a financial year, the employer will ask
for your declaration in Form-12B regarding your income/deductions during
the period of your before joining the duty. The employer has to make
deductions for the balance period based on your declaration

From India, Madras
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™