1. Line function are basically the teams that exist primarily for the attainment of Org. objectives and Support functions are the teams that support the Line teams for the attainment of Org. objectives.
Hence Line & Staff funcion exists in ALL organisations.
2. Line function are basically the teams that exist primarily for the attainment of Org. objectives, for eg.. Software teams in an IT Org.
3. Respective managers have primariry rights on leave, PA, Displinary action of subordinates whereas HR Manager needs to ensure that process and policy framed by an org are followed and has always need to support Line Managers for any guidance & advice.
4. Job Decoding - My fair idea on Job decoding is that "the process of translating job related instrutions or information into codewords of a given technical language or code".
Career Planning - Planning a long term career path for an individual in an org by Manager / Management, especially for top performers.
Succession Planning - Training or preparing individuals to be promoted to the higher levels, especially in top level management.
Career Planning focusses on individuals as a retention strategy and Succession planning focusses on Positions to be occupied in future.
5. Attaching two documents on PA and this is the format shared by Anshu Goyal in CiteHR. You can also browse for more formats in CiteHR.
Do let me know whether this info suffices you.
Thanks & Regards,
Thank you very much to give your valuable opinions against my queries.
Would you please clarify the following issues :
1. In organizational management, which functioning is being observed i.e Line functioning or Staff functioning or line and staff both.
2. Difference between Orientation and Induction. Please provide with the Checklist alongwith the process.
3. Could the Job Description which containst the information of employees designation, location, reporting authority, job summary, major duties and responsibilites, education, qualification and experience enable the employee to discharge his/her duties properly.
4. Will it be wise decision if job target/career goal is given to each employee the performance of which will be evaluated on monthly, quarterly or yearly basis.
5. What is the best method/system to evaluate employees performance. Pls. provide with sample.
6. If employees grievance is handled by the respective manager of the deptt., does it necessary to be solved by HR department directly. How HR department handles employee grievance !
7. How to form/establish standard pay roll/salary structure and what is the way to fix basic salary, house rent, medical allow., conveyance and overtime.
I would like to have your valuable comment in this respect.
I shall be highly obliged if you kindly provide me with the info of your profession.
With best regards.