Change in Nomination in PF and Gratuity - What are the various forms we all have to fill? - CiteHR
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Insist her to nominate only her husband. A nomination other than her husband will not stand. For example, under Employees Pension scheme, family means spouse and children and not any other person.

Dear Madhu Sir,
Ur always right, that when u come aross differnt situation u will learn a lot, can u give me the clause or section where it has been written in pension scheme or in pf act.
What is the strategy we have to adopt for gratuity. can a person who have family make their parents or other as nominee in it.
Please suggest.

Dear Madhu sir,
After this comment, when i am going through the eps scheme one doubt is again in my mind.
When a person left the service, we used to fill those form no.19 and 10c.
if a person is leaving, is epf giving all amount to them included the money in eps.
If not, what is the amount they are giving back.
For e. If a person renders min 10 year service, we used to fill that form no.10d also.
whether we are not able to withdraw that eps money if we resign before 10 years.
Is no, what happened to dat money, is it was transferred to new account.
Why epf is taking so much time for transfer, i had come across the situation where the amount is not transfereed in 2-2 years, how we can help our employees in these cases.
I had several other doubts, please suggest what to do.

An employee leaving the organisation after 10 years of service will get scheme certificate from the EPFO which guarantees pension on attaining the age of 58 years. In case he gets employment elsewhere, he can surrender the scheme certificates by which his past service will be added to the present service and the amount standing to the creditof pension fund will automatically be transferred to the new account. Surrendering of scheme certificate is done by submitting the same through the present employer. Therefore, there is no question of lapsing the amount in the pension fund. Even for employees leaving the establishment before 10 years of service he also can opt for scheme certificate. There is a question in the form 10C "are you willing to accept scheme certificate in lieu of withdrawal ?"If you tick yes, you will not get the pension fund withdrawal but instead you will be getting a scheme certifiacte issued by the Ministry of Labour showing full particulars of the member, like his date of joining, salary at the time of exit and other particulars and the details of his spouse and children. In the event of unfortunate death of the holder of scheme certificate his family will be eligible to get pension.



Hi all,
If an employee puts up 10 years of service and leaves the organisation served with an scheme certificate for his pension . But if he joins elsewhere serves the scheme certificate for contuining his PF and along with should he need to fill the fresh nomination form.
please clarify me,

When one joins another organisation he has to surrender his scheme certificate and a fresh nomination is to be filed to get new PF number. Regards, Madhu.T.K
Dear All,
I had a querry regarding the Nomination in Gratuity.
I fillup Form 'F' 1st time that time i m not marride. but after two year i m marride now i want to change my nomination!!!!! How to change it is posible??? which form to be fill or the same fill revised ?????
Would appreciate your early response.
With warm Regards
Vinayak Patel

Dear Madhu Sir,
I have one query. An employee had nominated his mother before marriage, does not change the nomination to his wife's name. Is it compulsory to change the nominee after marriage?
Sanjib Datta

Normally, after marriage the the spouse will become the nominee automatically. However, it is advisable to send new nomination form to EPF and collect new nomination form in Form H of Gratuity Rules for your record.

If any female employee due to harassment by her husband does not live with her husband and due to which she nominates her mother as a nominee and dies, still her dues goes to husband ? Then what is the use of nomination.How any other person can decide who should be a nominee of your assets.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™