23rd March 2009 From India, Mumbai
Your co. is 5 days week (Mon. to Fri) If an employee takes leave on friday and resume duty on monday, in this case only one day leave or LWP is counted, and if he takes leave on friday and monday, in this case four days leave or LWP is counted.
In your second query i can't understand optional leave.
Sr. H.R. Executive
23rd March 2009 From India, New Delhi
Thanks & Regds
24th March 2009 From India, Delhi
1. Intervening holidays are to be counted as leave.
2. If an employee takes leave on Friday and reports on Monday either in the forenoon or afternoon, then Saturday and Sunday need not be counted as leave period.
3. No two types of leaves Casual Leave + Privilege Leave (EL) or Sick Leave can be combined.
4. Casual Leave, as the word "Casual" denotes, does not exceed 2 days at a time and is meant for meeting sudden or short duration commitments.
5. Privilege Leave (EL) needs to be applied well in advance and sanction taken.
6. Sick Leave is to be supported by medical practioner's certificate for long absence or atleast prescription for one or two days illness.
Thanks and regards
25th March 2009
Mohan has explained it very nicely. Just to add on:
- Friday is considered as LWP, u should pay the employee for saturday & sunday as he has resumed work on monday
- As per your leave policy " the optional holidays are to be availed of only with the previous sanction. It can be clubbed with all types of leave except as a suffix to without Pay Leave and casual leave if the total absence exceeds six days. combination of leave: Casual leave cannot be availed of in conjunction with any other kind of leave."
As Arun mentioned, industries are not following the practice of prefix and suffix to keep up the morale of the employee. One away to resolve this is to ask the employee to avail PL instead of CL. This way the employee is happy that he gets leaves & u as a HR person has acted according to the policy of the company.:)
25th March 2009 From India, Bangalore
You see, in here its neither like public sector nor like pvt.
And policy says OH can be availed in combination of CL if total absence exceeds 6 days as in our Policy CL can not be availed for more than 6 days at stretch.
So in short the result of our discussion is if an employee resumes on next working day after a public holiday and / or weekly offs, then he is to be paid for those holidays also even thouth the very previous day of these holidays was treated as loss of pay. eg Tue to Friday Loss of pay, Saturday and Sunday weekly off and Monday Public Holiday, eployee resumes Tuesday then he will be paid for saturday, sunday and monday.
26th March 2009 From India, Mumbai
thanks for sharing such a valuable knowledge regarding Leave rules in Pvt. sector.
will anyone give me clarity regarding Leave:
if any employee left the company in mid of the year of Leave policy, so leave encasement would be done according the PL leave balance.
if there is no PL Leave balance available than can we deduct the salary also in full & final settlement.
14th June 2013 From India, Delhi
i am working in Pvt. Ltd. as per our Leave policy there is total 20 leaves are decided out of 6 PL are in this policy. rest 14 is into CL/SL. 7/7.
now my question is what would be the mode of Leave allotment to any employee, whether he is old employee or new joined in mid of the year.
what would be the leave allotment procedure for both the conditions under probation/after confirmation.
Thanks & Regards
Asstt. Manager HR
14th June 2013 From India, Delhi