I have a query on FPF. I had changed my job after working for 5 years and 7 months. EPF & FPF both were applicable for me. My current company has a Income Tax department recognised Trust. Hence it is not a member of the FPF scheme. So I had been told that I cannot get my FPF accumulations transferred from my previous company to my new company. I had been told to apply for a withdrawal of the FPF amounts in Form 10C.
I want to get the FPF accumulations transferred along with my PF to my new company. Is it permitted ? Please advice.

From India, Mumbai

Dear Mr. Subramanyam,
Your company might not be covered under the PF Act, 1952 or if they are covered then they might have set up a PF trust meant for excluded employees as defined under para 2(f) of the EPF & MP Act, 1952. However, considering your previous membership with the PF commissioner your status remains that of the statutory member. Therefore, if the PF Act is applicable to your company then in that case the employer is not right in not granting FPF membership to you. Alternatively, you may apply for obtaining Scheme Certificate by filling up form No. 10C attaching the three copies of your children's birth certificate if any, request your ex-emplyer to submit the same to the respective PF office.
Further, in view of the amendment introduce to finance act 2006 whereby all the recoginsed provident fund trust are required to obtain exemption from the PF commissioner and file form No. 40 C to the CIT on or before 31 st March 2009.
paresh pathak

From India, Mumbai

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server